Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Putting Together Action Against Dealership Scams

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 01:26 PM
craigsduc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Putting Together Action Against Dealership Scams

As evidenced in recent posts regarding dealership unethical practices relating to deposits, orders, and sales of limited production Porsches; and as suggested by many; the time is now for action by the most important lobby we have.......we the buyers of North American imported Porsches. I would like to open this forum to suggestions of recourse we should consider as I feel the actions of these unethical dealerships should not be allowed to continue unchecked. PCNA will listen if the complaint is properly presented and done so in good taste and in a legal manner. We must not lower ourselves to the level of the people behind these unscrupulous dealerships that are responsible for the decisions that have been made which ultimately affected the fair and proper purchase of " special " Porsches by legitimate buyers. We must orchestrate this action in a non slanderous manner but with force. If one of those of you that has been seriously affected by a dealership scam..........ultimately receives recourse............and one of the worst of these poor dealerships receives punitive action for his acts, this cause will be worth the effort. Good dealerships should also be praised here for honorable and good ethical business practices. Perhaps enough buyers of ALL Porsche models will get the word on whos been naughty and whos been nice in the Porsche dealership network, and take their business only to those with great report cards presented by those who matter the most..............we the North American Porsche enthusiast/owner/buyer.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:43 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

not possible.
you don't mention brokers and flippers.
in some cases the dealers are just trying to take them out of the equation.
if a car is going to pull a premium i would rather see the dealer get it than a broker or flipper.
stop the dealers then it will just move to the brokers and flippers which
in some cases will be the dealers under another identity.
i agree that it would be nice to regulate but don't see how it possiby could be.
ferrari has gotten around it for years.
also don't believe a dealer deserves praise for selling at full msrp.
in cases where someone had a deposit for a position they would have to be looked at individually being each case is far from equal.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:37 PM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by icon
not possible.
you don't mention brokers and flippers.
in some cases the dealers are just trying to take them out of the equation.
if a car is going to pull a premium i would rather see the dealer get it than a broker or flipper.
stop the dealers then it will just move to the brokers and flippers which
in some cases will be the dealers under another identity.
i agree that it would be nice to regulate but don't see how it possiby could be.
ferrari has gotten around it for years.
also don't believe a dealer deserves praise for selling at full msrp.
in cases where someone had a deposit for a position they would have to be looked at individually being each case is far from equal.
i dont understand how people buy new ferrari's unless they just dont care about the long wait periods.

Quick Reply: Putting Together Action Against Dealership Scams