Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT3 at LA Autoshow

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006 | 01:24 AM
rkeyser
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to buy a car last year from Beverly Hills Porsche at about the time of the LA car show. They said they had the car I was looking for at the car show - so they do sell them as new. I passed on that one. Another thing to watch out for is low mileage used cars that were driven by "executives".
Old 12-05-2006 | 01:47 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,894 Likes on 2,410 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
I agree. While "hate" is too strong, I'm astonished to see Porsche can't solve the problem with something less absurd.

I would have ordered the stock lights and swapped out to Xenons but it was too early to know the details. I now know the tech info suggests it might be a (relatively) easy upgrade since the GT3 suspension was deemed firm enough to avoid have the suspension sensor (to prevent glare.)

I enjoy having Xenons and wouldn't care on the SUVs or whatever, but I really wanted the 997 to be "cleaner" (and I don't like the plastic smile in the front bumper cover) so I'll be all the more tempted to get the Euro rear bumper cover and hopefully find a simpler front cover without the washers -- maybe there's a competition bumper with less, let's say "detail" in appearance.

For now, giving all the glowing reviews and first-impression posts around the Web, I'm all the more anxious. I can't remember the last time I was actually impatient about every passing day waiting for a new car to arrive. Maybe my mid-life crisis is combining with my Peter Pan complex ...

i guess if i ordered black with out xenon would solve all the prob. you will not see the vent on the bumper since it too is black.
Old 12-05-2006 | 01:52 AM
F430CS
Intermediate

Do they use customer cars for autoshow? Does anyone have accurate information on this? Thanks!
Old 12-05-2006 | 01:53 AM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Has anyone ever used these headlight washers?

I didn't even know how to use them for the longest time...
Old 12-05-2006 | 02:34 AM
rkeyser
Advanced

<Do they use customer cars for autoshow? Does anyone have accurate information on this? Thanks!>

As stated above, Beverly Hills Porsche has sent cars to the car show but I doubt if they are cars that are pre-sold (ordered). They told me I could buy the car when the show was over. For further clarification, you could call them up and ask.
Old 12-05-2006 | 03:20 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
ps. "Hey, you're a cute kid. Now, if you want to keep that hand on your wrist ..."

: )
lol, he is my kid and the car was a free and open target so i say fair game. i'm impressed at his taste in cars at the age of 1. he clearly liked the GT3 the most. well i think if he could get his hands on r. barricello's F1 car he probably would like that more. the ferrari ladies almost gave in.
Old 12-05-2006 | 03:39 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,894 Likes on 2,410 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe S.
Has anyone ever used these headlight washers?

I didn't even know how to use them for the longest time...
with headlight turned on, pull wiper stalk toward you, the windshield and headlight washer both activate.
Old 12-05-2006 | 11:02 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i guess if i ordered black with out xenon would solve all the prob. you will not see the vent on the bumper since it too is black.
The black plastic also looks odd on a black car. In my humble.

Quick Reply: GT3 at LA Autoshow