Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The Official Rennlist GT3RS Wait List (for those needing an allocation)

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 06:00 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 121 Likes on 64 Posts

Put me on the list please...
Old 12-26-2006, 06:10 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 121 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by jimhuber
Seller? . JFTR what is a reasonable $ amount for someone to sell a spot for. Really I nead a beacon in all of this.
Jim, it is apparent that you are a new member. Let me help you out here and you can take this advice or leave it. It's your choice.
- Rennlist is a community of Pcar enthusiasts who (for the most part) know one another either through years of messages, boards, emails, etc. And some or many of us who often meet and have become friends.
-- The point is, even though we are all here to share information, we also try, at the very least, to help one another out. To not try to take advantage as the relationships on this board go on and on for years and years.
----- What I am trying to say is, no one can tell you how much to sell your RS for. Yes, maybe you can fetch a high dollar amount and good luck to you if and when you do. We will all be very happy for you. But if you want to have relationships with people on this board, people who will help you save money on shipping, repairs, advice, upgrades, mods, taxes, registration, etc. There is a certain etiquette we expect the members to follow.
-- The etiquette starts by not trying to gauge other members. If you want top dollar for your RS, go somewhere else. We don't care, we don't want it. We are not the type of community to spend $50K for your slot.
If you want to be part of this community, either stop trying to sell your car here or listen to what people are saying.

No one can tell you how much to ask for your RS. That's your choice. We can just tell you, that on a site like this, we expect one another to respect the
"rennlist code".. No one is telling you not to make money, but remember a pig gets fat, a hog gets slaughtered.
And even if you get top dollar for your RS, you've already acted like a HOG here and it will come back to haunt you.

AND YOU DON"T NEED TO SAY IT IN CAPS..... WE CAN READ !!.

So enjoy your RS whatever you decide to do with it. But just remember, we will all still be here, before, during and after you sell your car.

B

-- And if you need a more specific answer. I would say, knock 10% off the LOWEST price you have heard someone sell a spot for and that is your RENNLIST price guide.
-- If I had come across another Turbo this past summer, regardless of premium when a premium was being asked, I would have GIVEN the car away with no $$$ benefit to me. This board has saved me thousands and thousands of dollars on cars, racing and everything else under the sun.

-- So if I wanted to sell something for a premium (which there is a lot of stuff I would sell for a premium,) Rennlist is not the place I would be soliciting.
Old 12-26-2006, 06:24 PM
gt3racerich
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Didn't he say in another thread that it was not really for sale? I guess what he meant was he could not get what he wanted for it.
As someone who is #2 at my dealer, If I found out that #1 was trying to do this, to say I would be furious is an understatement.
I would not offer one cent over MSRP so someone could screw the next guy in line, who REALLY wants it. Maybe thats just me. I'm pretty confident I will get one late next year anyway.
Rich
Old 12-26-2006, 07:12 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimhuber
JFTR what is a reasonable $ amount for someone to sell a spot for. Really I nead a beacon in all of this.
Didnt you state in another thread that your car is not for sale, and didn't expect people to get riled up? Surprised you are selling it after that statement and your enthusiasm for your Roots type blower, R6 Hoosiers, 13" Fikses, CGT seats, and tech rollbar.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:33 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by B-Line
Jim, it is apparent that you are a new member. Let me help you out here and you can take this advice or leave it. It's your choice.
- Rennlist is a community of Pcar enthusiasts who (for the most part) know one another either through years of messages, boards, emails, etc. And some or many of us who often meet and have become friends.
-- The point is, even though we are all here to share information, we also try, at the very least, to help one another out. To not try to take advantage as the relationships on this board go on and on for years and years.
----- What I am trying to say is, no one can tell you how much to sell your RS for. Yes, maybe you can fetch a high dollar amount and good luck to you if and when you do. We will all be very happy for you. But if you want to have relationships with people on this board, people who will help you save money on shipping, repairs, advice, upgrades, mods, taxes, registration, etc. There is a certain etiquette we expect the members to follow.
-- The etiquette starts by not trying to gauge other members. If you want top dollar for your RS, go somewhere else. We don't care, we don't want it. We are not the type of community to spend $50K for your slot.
If you want to be part of this community, either stop trying to sell your car here or listen to what people are saying.

No one can tell you how much to ask for your RS. That's your choice. We can just tell you, that on a site like this, we expect one another to respect the
"rennlist code".. No one is telling you not to make money, but remember a pig gets fat, a hog gets slaughtered.
And even if you get top dollar for your RS, you've already acted like a HOG here and it will come back to haunt you.

AND YOU DON"T NEED TO SAY IT IN CAPS..... WE CAN READ !!.

So enjoy your RS whatever you decide to do with it. But just remember, we will all still be here, before, during and after you sell your car.

B

-- And if you need a more specific answer. I would say, knock 10% off the LOWEST price you have heard someone sell a spot for and that is your RENNLIST price guide.
-- If I had come across another Turbo this past summer, regardless of premium when a premium was being asked, I would have GIVEN the car away with no $$$ benefit to me. This board has saved me thousands and thousands of dollars on cars, racing and everything else under the sun.

-- So if I wanted to sell something for a premium (which there is a lot of stuff I would sell for a premium,) Rennlist is not the place I would be soliciting.
Very well said!
Old 12-26-2006, 07:49 PM
jimhuber
Racer

Originally Posted by BobbyC
Very well said!

Will post pics when car is in. Advice, I will take it and go. My car is not for sale. Was never for sale. I am out.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:17 AM
1whobuys
Advanced

Oh Boy, I moved up one...we just need 10 more cars and we're all in

Quick Reply: The Official Rennlist GT3RS Wait List (for those needing an allocation)