Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT3 Financing Resources

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 11:42 AM
stuka
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cgomez
Well, my experience has been totally the opposite.
The inspection process is not setup to detect cars that have been mechanically abused at the track. They care the most about cosmetic apperance. If the exterior is fine (stone chips are OK) and the interior is in good condition, and the car starts and runs OK around the block you can return anything.
If you have a dented panel, broken headlight, etc., then you are in trouble.
Tracked cars are a tiny small exception of the total lease population for which the Bank's end of lease system is not designed...
My lease return has only been with BMW, and like cgomez, they really only cared that the VIN stickers are in place, that there are no door dings, that everything electrical works, and that the paint looks good.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:35 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pole position: Well, driving the **** out of a car does not equal "abuse". What dick would track a car a miss service.
Stone guard the front. I have 41,000 miles(18,000 track) and a total of 5 chips on the hood. I do not drive into solid objects so all the body panels are straight and I have yet to scar up the wheels at the track or pulling up to a mail box. The interior is fine since the seats that will be returned with the car are kept in the garage.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:41 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,636 Likes on 2,318 Posts

i am with you roberga.
my current track toy has 5k track miles on it, clear bra front and skirts, just the underbody is chewed up. the car sits as low as, if not lower, than 996gt3. i get lots of sand blasting on the belly, only gone off 2-3x, those excursion didn't cause the underbelly thing. but the "porsche" text on caliber is yellowing. other that that, the car is SHOWROOM cond. clay, cleansed and zymol'd every other week. yeah, i am insane.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:51 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mooty. I hope someday to hook up with the SFO crowd. I live in Seattle but have an office in Redwood City. A group of us get to T Hill once a year in the Summer. I am exploring ways to get on Sears.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:59 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,636 Likes on 2,318 Posts

let me know when you guys are heading to sears or thunderhill. i will try to be there.
btw, what time of the year does your group do this? by feb 2007, i will see what group has sears dates, maybe your group can join.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:12 PM
Gary996
Instructor

Thanks to all who have offered input on this thread!

I'm not excited about leasing b/c I'd like to own this car for a while. I'll check with Capital One and also compare rates with a HELOC. Anyone else with good experiences with finance companies other than Capital One or Porsche Finance?

Gary
Old 11-29-2006, 06:15 PM
STRASPEC
Instructor

eloan is pretty good as well as e-trade auto (not sure if they still have this department active) similar to capital one, but I checked eloan the other day and they have slightly lower rates and will cut .50% of the interest if you do electronic payments each month.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:32 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

I'm gonna use the tried and true "Beg, Borrow and Steal" approach to pay for my RS. Maybe mostly that last one...

Quick Reply: GT3 Financing Resources