Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

PCCB or not in GT3

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 09:52 PM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by supercup
. . . I suggested the Big Brembos, that are within 1 lb front and rear of the PCCB's, at not that much of a premium. Clearly the PCCB are a great innovation, but if you plan to go to the track, rotors and pads are a wear item, whether steel or PCCB. So it is cheaper to operate with steel, than PCCB. Gen II PCCB are superior on all accounts to PCCB Gen 1, which I have on my GT2 and believe are great brakes. . .
Before I went the Big Brembo route, I would check the rules for whatever class you were going to track the car in, as this change could throw you into a faster class, thereby necessitating even more mods to be competitive. Just my $.02
Old 10-27-2006, 09:49 AM
TonyToniTone
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told that the GT3 callipers\discs are the same on road and cup cars, the cup cars get the extra stoping power from an upgraded master cylinder... might be a cheaper upgrade..
Old 10-27-2006, 11:51 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

^Interesting, can you or anyone else for that matter confirm that?
Old 10-27-2006, 01:30 PM
TonyToniTone
Track Day

Worth validating info but the person I speaking to was a race engineer at tech9 when they won the British GT championship's, he now works for Porsche...

Was stood under a GT3 and Turbo for about 2 hours last night whilst he amazed me with his knowledge..
Old 10-27-2006, 05:12 PM
frayed
Race Car

No pccbs
White
Full leather
Xenons

I'd like to buy your car once you tire of it, so the above spec would be much appreciated.

TIA
Old 10-27-2006, 07:41 PM
GlennMc
Racer

I'm going PCCB on the RS.....

My thinking is, that the steel ones will start to crack after the 1st few trackdays, and thus will need replacing pretty soon (around £2.5k) so that's money towards the PCCB's.

This, and the fact that i have some weird faith, in that Porsche know they Fu**ed up on the 1st gen of PCCB's, and they know that they will have to make sure the new version is a damned sight better..

I am hoping the performance gains will be worth the money for sure....

G.

Quick Reply: PCCB or not in GT3