Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The "wart" and GT-3 Sport Chrono option(s)

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 07:06 AM
E4VLL
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frayed
So they said it's important for resale? I have a hard time believing that, considering it's appearance and true lack of functionality. Perhaps they are wishing it so, and by saying it over and over, they hope it to come true. LOL.
Jeff, many a true word is said in jest but yes, the inference is exactly as you stated - important to have come resale.

I don't buy this but it is what is being inferred.

As it stands, it's not an expensive option and thus they are asking, "why would you not option it on this type of car?"

I can see that it's nearly pointless and perhaps poorly executed; however, as I stated previously, surely the 2 track biased Porsche's deserve to have it over and above the road-cars?
Old 09-27-2006, 11:17 AM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nomis
I trust that is what I said in a Readers Digest version earlier in this thread?
Icon, I'll drop you a PM to answer your other questions
Originally Posted by nomis
'Sport' is always on - so unless you have PCM and SC you get nothing more than the 'wart'
the "sport is always on" is what i was referring to as might be confusing to some.
there is still the sport modes for both pasm and tc that are not "always on".
and i'm not trying to be difficult but don't really understand what you mean by "sport is aways on"?
thanks for the pmail
Old 09-27-2006, 11:26 AM
E4VLL
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by icon
but don't really understand what you mean by "sport is aways on"?
thanks for the pmail
No worries - I think we're actually agreeing on this one

My comment, "sport is always on" is down to the fact I've been told that there is no 'increased throttle' as there is with the sports button on other models. Perhaps I'm wrong here?

As for Sport Chrono and Sports button, agreed, they are badly named and different applications

And I do think it's a shame they didn't make the SC more useful for the GT3/RS as had it been, as I've said previously, surely these are the Porsches that actually could use a good performance meter, timer and data logger?

Simon

Quick Reply: The "wart" and GT-3 Sport Chrono option(s)