Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Sunroof saga

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 07:02 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sunroof saga

I haven't had time to check all threads so this is probably old news.

You do know production is delay because it looks like they may/will have a sunroof delete option?

I have an order for an RS and my delaer tells me summer 97 perhaps. Not March as originally anticipated.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:25 PM
mjb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think the connection between adding sunroof delete option and
a delay in production is new news. I'm skeptical, but certainly hopeful.
Did your dealer just inform you of the delay and you're speculating, or did he actually tell you it is possibly due to the sunroof issue?
Usually dealers are as much (if not more) in the dark on stuff like this then the spies posting on the forums.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:17 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mjb
I don't think the connection between adding sunroof delete option and
a delay in production is new news. I'm skeptical, but certainly hopeful.
Did your dealer just inform you of the delay and you're speculating, or did he actually tell you it is possibly due to the sunroof issue?
Usually dealers are as much (if not more) in the dark on stuff like this then the spies posting on the forums.
GM is a racer dude with an RSR and trophys. A real P-Head.

He knew all about the controversy. Said he wouldn't buy a GT-3 with a roof either. He told me that was the delay. So that's all I know...

Last edited by allegretto; 09-05-2006 at 06:17 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:34 PM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

I just don't buy this baloney about having to do a new crash test for the GT3 RS, and that is the reason why there is no sunroof delete option. The GT3 RS has a carbon fiber hood, and that alone would necessitate the new crash test. I think somebody at PCNA dropped the ball on the sunroof spec, or the marketing dept overruled the engineers, but I don't think the crash test reason is why there will be a sunroof on the RS. Its apparent that the US GT3 RS is a watered-down version of the real one. IMHO
Old 09-05-2006, 04:50 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

I've said it before...crash testing isn't stopping PAG/PCNA from bringing sunroofless cars to the NA Market, PORSCHE IS!
Old 09-06-2006, 07:48 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm guessing PCNA is run by a bunch of Ivy-league snot-nosed punks who wouldn't know an 356B from a 917. I'd like to think it was just PCNA, and not the whole company, that has stranded its enthusiast customers... but as we all know, the philosophy shift is company-wide.

Ferraris aren't nearly as practical for my uses, and they're damn expensive - but at least they're still offering enthusiast cars in the form of the Challenge and upcoming CS. And by the way, you can still turn off the electronic aides completely in the Ferrari (not that it should have them in the first place)

Quick Reply: Sunroof saga