Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Seat options for GT3

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 11:51 PM
TimeOfFlight
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Seat options for GT3

I'm hoping someone here has had more luck deciphering the GT3 order guide than I have.

First, are the manual seats infinitely adjustable in height and fore/aft position, like the fully electric adaptive sport seats? Or are they limited to certain preset positions, like on my previous Toyota?

Second, how do Options 28 and 78 actually differ? Does Black Full Leather (78) have additional alcantara on the doors and center console that is not in the standard interior? And, depending on where you read, Black Leather Seats (28) are said to be either leather or leatherette with alcantara inserts. Which is it?

Thanks.

P.S. Glad I'm figuring this out now instead of when cruch time for my order comes.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:26 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I went through this before ordering.

The standard seat is infinitely adjustable in height, and for and aft is adjustable in click stops. Adaptive is unlimited. I went with this.

Full leather does not have any more or less alcantara than standard. The seats are leather with alcantars inserts either way. I went with full black leather, and did the rear console in leather.
Old 09-02-2006, 03:07 PM
TimeOfFlight
Intermediate

Thanks Bluehinder,

I'm thinking of going with the adaptive seats as well, but will probably do without the full leather. Do you happen to know if the adaptive seats have memory? The GT3 brochure says yes, the order guide says no.

Also the order guide says "steering wheel rim, shift lever, handbrake lever
grip, door handles, door center panel, door storage bin and lid of center console in alcantara black" only under Black Full Leather (78), and specifically not under Black Leather Seats (28). Was this just left out of the guide for some reason, and all of the alcantara surfaces are the same regardless of interior choice?

By the way, I see your opting for the rear center console in leather. How does it come standard?

Thanks again.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:02 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

The adaptive seats have memory for seat position, but not for the "adaptive" bolsters, they deflate after the car is turned off. They get you lumbar support, which I need.

The amount and color of alcantara is the same no matter what you order, you get no more with full leather, and no less with the regular interior. I also note that it's black even if you get the natural grey option.

The rear console is an addtional $1260 charge. Looks very nice.

I wouldn't think twice about full leather, it's a must in my book. I hate Porsche vinyl. Besides, the car is six figures, it deserves leather, no matter where you drive it, street or track.
Old 09-03-2006, 04:33 PM
TimeOfFlight
Intermediate

Bluehinder,

Thanks again. I'm finally understanding this. As far as full leather goes, sounds like I need to go to the dealer and look at some 997 interiors before deciding.

Quick Reply: Seat options for GT3