Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Discover the all new GT3RS (official USA site)

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 08:05 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Discover the all new GT3RS (official USA site)

http://www.porsche.com/all/911gt3rs/usa/page1.htm

Not a whole lot of info but nonetheless still a start!
Old 06-13-2006, 08:27 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I was actually hoping it would not make it to the US......now I'm going to have to resist the urge to buy one.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:42 PM
Sean
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
I was actually hoping it would not make it to the US......now I'm going to have to resist the urge to buy one.
Ditto. The orange and green paintwork is a low blow. I've been wanting PCNA to offer just such a car and now they are offering it.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:47 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

u guys don't understandhow much i want that car. i've put my silver bullit up for sale even. that car has been on my wall paper, my msn photo and other stuff for like 2 weeks now

i must have it...i will sell my left nut for it. orange. rollcage. plastic everything, no ac, no radio (ok maybe basic radio for driving music), carbon fiber rims, weight reduction, full suspension. i can die a happy man then.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:59 AM
stuka
Pro

Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE
u guys don't understandhow much i want that car. i've put my silver bullit up for sale even. that car has been on my wall paper, my msn photo and other stuff for like 2 weeks now

i must have it...i will sell my left nut for it. orange. rollcage. plastic everything, no ac, no radio (ok maybe basic radio for driving music), carbon fiber rims, weight reduction, full suspension. i can die a happy man then.
even with that nice hole on its roof?
Old 06-14-2006, 08:31 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Showed the website to the wife and she said that the orange was HOT! Damn I love that woman!!!!
Old 06-14-2006, 09:48 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stuka
even with that nice hole on its roof?
Stuka, the roof hole is what? 40 pounds? Fine..air conditioning gone..Besides..i like the sunroof..i always drive with it open...its the closest i can get to a convertable. It will still be faster than the old RS in any case, it doesn't have "Please Save Me" and TC can be turned off...so really its like my C2 except a better chassis and with PASM...only thing i prolly won't like is e-gas cause i've heard there are some problems with heel-toeing that need getting used too.

edit: i've also put on about 20 pounds this year...although it's not as high up as a sunroof, i'm sure i could stand to loose a good 30-40 pounds to get back into the sexcellent shape i was circa 2004.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:34 PM
stuka
Pro

Stuka, the roof hole is what? 40 pounds? Fine..air conditioning gone..Besides..i like the sunroof..i always drive with it open...its the closest i can get to a convertable. It will still be faster than the old RS in any case, it doesn't have "Please Save Me" and TC can be turned off...so really its like my C2 except a better chassis and with PASM...only thing i prolly won't like is e-gas cause i've heard there are some problems with heel-toeing that need getting used too.
Here's the thing. Why spend the R&D $$$ taking out sound deadening, PCCB, Ti conrods, what have you to lighten up the car only to put 40 pounds of sprung weight at the worse possible location?

The rest of the world gets the RS with no sunroof, no if's and but's about it. They also can order the GT3 without it.

Buy hey, we are a country of blingers, and judging from the poll numbers, it looks like PAG/PNA is right.

Whatever, I was hoping to do ED on an Orange 997 GT3 and turn in my Turbo. Now it looks like I would have to get a used 996 GT3, fine by me. When I am fast in this car, I know that it's me without the TC, PASM, and what have you.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:39 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

dunno about the US, but those of us in canada, i'm sure we can bring a LHD car from germany since there is an "equivalent model" in canada rite?

is porsche listed on the DMV's specific exemptions list because i kno a lot of cars are. The only problem with the skylines was that it was never sold in canada to begin with.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:55 PM
billatlanta
Racer

dunno about the US, but those of us in canada, i'm sure we can bring a LHD car from germany since there is an "equivalent model" in canada rite?

is porsche listed on the DMV's specific exemptions list because i kno a lot of cars are. The only problem with the skylines was that it was never sold in canada to begin with.
I'll bet you a (US) dollar Canada gets the same model as the U.S.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:25 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

i know.

thats why i ment bring one from deutchland.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:03 PM
superbigfo
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sun roof is staying because Porsche refuses to crash test a 997 coupe with no sunroof because of the cost of testing it.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:52 PM
kenikh
Track Day

Originally Posted by superbigfo
Sun roof is staying because Porsche refuses to crash test a 997 coupe with no sunroof because of the cost of testing it.
The most profitable car maker in the world is getting CHEAP.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:19 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

That is not the reason! It is because there are too many ignorant US buyers who will buy it because it has an 'RS' badge and think it is a 'limited' edition. Sunroof or a four door version, it does not matter to them.

DOT crash testing costs can be spread across the entire Porsche model line, just depends what business model they want to go by.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:18 AM
flash1034
Pro

Default GTS RS Price Info

Does anybody know what the GT3 RS will be priced at in the US?

Flash

Quick Reply: Discover the all new GT3RS (official USA site)