997.1 GT3 OEM Wheels for sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2024, 08:31 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,225 Likes on 2,201 Posts
Default 997.1 GT3 OEM Wheels for sale

Hi Everyone,
My 7.1 GT3 OEM Wheels are up for sale. Reach out directly with questions.

Thanks,
Joe

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1420084

Last edited by Bxstr; 07-06-2024 at 09:19 AM.
The following users liked this post:
pcar1 (07-06-2024)
Old 07-06-2024, 11:58 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,993 Likes on 1,775 Posts

Uh oh, something in the works? E88's?
Old 07-06-2024, 12:13 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Uh oh, something in the works? E88's?
RE-MTSP’s were high on my list, but still wanted factory wheels so I ended up purchasing brand new factory wheels. I think this set for sale will serve someone well, but my obsessiveness doesn’t go well with previous repairs on a wheel. For instance, I have never patched a tire, only replaced, even though I know patching is perfectly safe.

Although the pic of silver E88’s I saw a month or so ago on a white .1 GT3 were amazing looking, I can’t help but like the GT3 with its factory look, specifically as it ages.
Old 07-06-2024, 12:51 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,993 Likes on 1,775 Posts

That's taking it to another level. I too had repaired wheels on my first 997 and immediately removed them for a set of E88's.

What color you going with? Silver or black?
Old 07-06-2024, 01:33 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
That's taking it to another level. I too had repaired wheels on my first 997 and immediately removed them for a set of E88's.

What color you going with? Silver or black?
Silver. Ordered them through my dealer and just got fresh tires. Ceramic coated and had them put on my car last week. Very happy. I go to the extreme with these things.

From what I can tell, black wheels are not available direct from Porsche. My guess is that they were available in period because they'd paint them as needed. Now, silver only is available and then if you wanted the black design, you'd need to have that done after.
Old 07-06-2024, 04:32 PM
flat6fan18
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Silver. Ordered them through my dealer and just got fresh tires. Ceramic coated and had them put on my car last week. Very happy. I go to the extreme with these things.

From what I can tell, black wheels are not available direct from Porsche. My guess is that they were available in period because they'd paint them as needed. Now, silver only is available and then if you wanted the black design, you'd need to have that done after.

Were they super expensive? I go back and forth, e88’s (currently waiting on order with bbs), or keep my stock wheels, but a newer set and keep the old ones as back up
Old 07-06-2024, 04:52 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flat6fan18
Were they super expensive? I go back and forth, e88’s (currently waiting on order with bbs), or keep my stock wheels, but a newer set and keep the old ones as back up
my local dealer has an online parts site, but has more competitive pricing than most others. I paid a little over $8k+ tax. Personally I’m a big fan of OEM parts and the factory look. Granted, BBS is a supplier so you could consider them OEM, but as these cars get older I appreciate more and more the stock factory look. I have so many posters and scale models of the .1 GT3 and now my car mirrors the look.

If you get interested in my set or want me to send you links to the genuine Porsche wheels, feel free to send me a PM.
The following users liked this post:
flat6fan18 (07-06-2024)
Old 07-06-2024, 05:25 PM
flat6fan18
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 142 Posts

my local dealer has an online parts site, but has more competitive pricing than most others. I paid a little over $8k+ tax. Personally I’m a big fan of OEM parts and the factory look. Granted, BBS is a supplier so you could consider them OEM, but as these cars get older I appreciate more and more the stock factory look. I have so many posters and scale models of the .1 GT3 and now my car mirrors the look.

If you get interested in my set or want me to send you links to the genuine Porsche wheels, feel free to send
me a PM.
Same, I appreciate more of a factory look. The .1 wheels look so good when I walk out to my garage to take a peek to see how my baby is doing.

Thank you! I’ll definitely keep you in mind, as I considered your set.
Old 07-06-2024, 08:35 PM
JGEMDOC
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 98 Posts

argh i literally put new tires on mine last week and these are cleaner. i was planning on doing wheels next spring as i have other things i want to do first, glws im sure they will go quick
Old 07-07-2024, 09:46 AM
JS
Race Car

Received 545 Likes on 357 Posts

Nice deal.
Good luck with your sale.
Old 07-07-2024, 01:38 PM
Vocan
Rennlist Member

Received 339 Likes on 148 Posts

RE-MTSP’s were high on my list, but still wanted factory wheels so I ended up purchasing brand new factory wheels. I think this set for sale will serve someone well, but my obsessiveness doesn’t go well with previous repairs on a wheel. For instance, I have never patched a tire, only replaced, even though I know patching is perfectly safe.

Although the pic of silver E88’s I saw a month or so ago on a white .1 GT3 were amazing looking, I can’t help but like the GT3 with its factory look, specifically as it ages.
So you weren’t aware they were repaired until the painter told you? Man, in retrospect should have told the painter up front that if you find out they were repaired I don’t even want to know about it
Old 07-08-2024, 06:28 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 890 Likes on 586 Posts

Silver. .
EXCELLENT choice!!
Enjoy.
Old 07-08-2024, 07:03 PM
ngng
Drifting

Received 311 Likes on 190 Posts

love the wheel, but couldn't justify driving around on 10k wheels in CA lol
Old 07-08-2024, 07:32 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flat6fan18
Same, I appreciate more of a factory look. The .1 wheels look so good when I walk out to my garage to take a peek to see how my baby is doing.

Thank you! I’ll definitely keep you in mind, as I considered your set.
Thanks! Definitely reach out anytime.

Originally Posted by JGEMDOC
argh i literally put new tires on mine last week and these are cleaner. i was planning on doing wheels next spring as i have other things i want to do first, glws im sure they will go quick
I was thinking about listing a couple weeks ago, but since I didn't know when I was going to get the new set, I wanted to wait to do a proper writeup with photos. But if still available and you're interested, definitely reach out.

Originally Posted by JS
Nice deal.
Good luck with your sale.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Vocan
So you weren’t aware they were repaired until the painter told you? Man, in retrospect should have told the painter up front that if you find out they were repaired I don’t even want to know about it
Haha! I'm one of those people that is asking a lot of questions upon pickup. Initially he didn't even mention it, but after I started asking a bunch of questions and wanting detail about the work he did, he mentioned it.
I'm glad I find out though. It gave me an excuse to buy new. Someone will be getting a very nice set of wheels with very fresh tires for 1/3 of what it would cost new.

Originally Posted by cgfen
EXCELLENT choice!!
Enjoy.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by ngng
love the wheel, but couldn't justify driving around on 10k wheels in CA lol
Haha! Totally understand that. Part of my justification for going OEM besides really liking the look is the ability to sell my stock set.

Quick Reply: 997.1 GT3 OEM Wheels for sale