Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The GT3 is sold

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:48 AM
JamesP
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3_Toby
Welcome to the old continent Where are u headed to in Europe? What car is next? Wondering what could come after this one, not an easy task
I'm not sure yet. It's more of a be based in Europe and still continue to travel a lot. Tough to get residency somewhere when I also don't want to spend the majority of the time there. That's a whole can of worms probably not suited to a car forum... There's also the weather situation and not many, if any, places in Europe match my desire for at least 25-30 degrees all year.

As for the car, I'll get more serious once I sort out the living bit. Part of me says get something sensible for road trips. The other part says get something fun. I usually default to the latter.

Originally Posted by cdixon
Don’t want to steel your thunder….

I also sold my 997.2 GT3 last week after 14 years of ownership. I don’t usually get emotionally attached to cars, but that one was special. I specified the car from new and factory collected it.

My OPC asked me when I took it in for a service if I’d be interested in a change? “I only buy GT products, and don’t like paying over retail” was my response. The next day they rang me to offer a GT4RS build slot in September. Still not sure if I did the right thing, but it was time to move on, and after driving a GT4 in the Alps last year, I thought it would be an interesting new purchase.
Yes having a GT car certainly ruins a lot of other cars. For a while I had an E46 M3 daily and they seemed to be a feeder car for a lot of GT3 owners. I found doing it in the other direction was very underwhelming. A GT4 should be fun though and with the increasing size of the 911 cars, the GT4 might work well.

I sold my 993C4S in Australia in a similar way. It had been in for a service and they called later to ask if I was interested in selling. They wanted a very stock car for the anniversary celebrations a while back. I had the option to buy it back 12 months later. By then was moving to the US and used that money to buy the GT3. Cars are expensive in Australia and the AUD was stronger, so I didn't need to add a lot more.

Sorry. Missed a key point. 32k miles. Yes the original supplying/ servicing dealer sold it in two days. I got a great price for it also.
Like me, no chance to change your mind with such a quick sale.
The following users liked this post:
cdixon (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:23 PM
KingSize.Hamster
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 51 Posts

The next day they rang me to offer a GT4RS build slot in September. Still not sure if I did the right thing, but it was time to move on, and after driving a GT4 in the Alps last year, I thought it would be an interesting new purchase.
Congrats! I think GT4 cars are great and fun in their own ways, especially with that engine in the RS variant
The following users liked this post:
cdixon (Today)

Quick Reply: The GT3 is sold