Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Torquing monoball joints

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2024, 05:14 PM
sirringo
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Torquing monoball joints

Installing RSS LCAs (and a ton of other things) this weekend. Is it critical for the thrust pin on the outboard side, from the LCA through the wheel carrier, to be torqued at exact ride height - vs with some droop?

Car will be getting aligned and ride height set after this, so am debating whether to torque down at home or just snug and let the shop do it. These are single use-bolts so once torqued, that’s it.

Obviously the rubber bushings need to be done at ride height to prevent binding, but wondering if the same applies for these monoball and solid mounts.
Old 03-02-2024, 06:15 PM
00 Scrub
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 22 Posts

For spherical bearings it shouldn't matter as they have 2 degrees of freedom.
Old 03-03-2024, 09:20 PM
ngng
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by sirringo
Installing RSS LCAs (and a ton of other things) this weekend. Is it critical for the thrust pin on the outboard side, from the LCA through the wheel carrier, to be torqued at exact ride height - vs with some droop?

Car will be getting aligned and ride height set after this, so am debating whether to torque down at home or just snug and let the shop do it. These are single use-bolts so once torqued, that’s it.

Obviously the rubber bushings need to be done at ride height to prevent binding, but wondering if the same applies for these monoball and solid mounts.
i did mine with droop. good luck torquing nut inside the wheel carrier, it was such a pain with my torque wrench and adapters
Old 03-04-2024, 02:09 AM
00 Scrub
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 22 Posts

I can't remember if I tried to torque that nut before, but I found this tool super helpful to reach a lot of the hard to reach suspension fasteners with a torque wrench:
Amazon Amazon

Quick Reply: Torquing monoball joints