Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

.1 Wing Blade in Carbon?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2024, 11:44 PM
SSMOKE-U
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
That's a nice sized gap. Maybe you can get an outline of the side and make a plastic shim for both sides. One another note, is that a blem on the blade and did it come that way?

i will double check but i dont think that’s actually a blem. I think it’s a reflection. I’ll get another pic in the daytime tomorrow.
Old 02-16-2024, 11:46 PM
SSMOKE-U
Rennlist Member

I had a carbon blade on my old white car and hated the way it looked. However, I was too lazy to reinstall the stock blade plus I also paid for the CF so I had to talk myself into thinking it looked good, when it just clashed with the white. From a distance, it looked like a void empty space. I think any other color except white the CF would work. Then to add more pain, it even weighed more than the stocker.

I don't know if you can call it Rice but it was. Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement. I think German cars call it Kraut.
I hear ya on all counts except for weight. This one is lighter than stock. As far as “RICE” I don’t mind the contrast and I’ve yet to look at it and notice a void. I think the dark wing blends well with the dark windows and the dark front splitter.
The following users liked this post:
RAudi Driver (02-17-2024)
Old 02-18-2024, 10:44 AM
SSMOKE-U
Rennlist Member

That's a nice sized gap. Maybe you can get an outline of the side and make a plastic shim for both sides. One another note, is that a blem on the blade and did it come that way?

here’s a picture of that same spot.

The following users liked this post:
RAudi Driver (02-18-2024)
Old 02-18-2024, 02:25 PM
engerman
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Never heard of MA Shaw, but just looked them up. Different company. DB Carbon is out of Germany. Haven’t heard of many complaints with their work. The carbon they’ve done for me has been great. MA Carbon is out of the US and does great work. Haven’t heard of many complaints with them either.

edit: made a few small changes.
have bought MACarbon w/o any issues. I visited their place in CA and got to meet John, he’s a stand up guy. Will be buying from MACarbon again!

Quick Reply: .1 Wing Blade in Carbon?