Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Rear drop link length

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2023, 01:16 AM
sirringo
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Rear drop link length

Would anyone have approximate measurements for rear drop links? Either stock or aftermarket adjustable. I'm trying to order a set of Powergrid links but they'd like to confirm the length, and I won't be able to check my own car for a couple days...
Old 04-15-2024, 07:48 PM
sirringo
Rennlist Member

Just updating thread - once I got them off the car, I measured OEM links at 85m center to center.

Oddly, aftermarket links seem to be meaningfully longer - e.g. Tarett's are 99mm-119mm. No one's been able to tell me why that's the case (Elephant Racing was especially useless, but I digress).

While longer links will fit, they would necessarily rotate the swaybar up and back - effectively changing the stiffness. PowerGrid originally sent me longer ones, but then custom made me in the shortest length they could (minimum of 91mm).

Last edited by sirringo; 04-15-2024 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:48 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,959 Likes on 1,753 Posts

If it's any consolation, when I took my car to get suspension dialed in I gave them a set of Tarrett end links and when I went to pick up the car, they handed them back to me and said don't install them. The OEM ones work and last longer. They told me to sell them and run the stock end links. Granted it's not a track car but I was told that they wear out too quickly or something to that nature.
The following users liked this post:
sirringo (04-15-2024)
Old 04-15-2024, 11:58 PM
sirringo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
If it's any consolation, when I took my car to get suspension dialed in I gave them a set of Tarrett end links and when I went to pick up the car, they handed them back to me and said don't install them. The OEM ones work and last longer. They told me to sell them and run the stock end links. Granted it's not a track car but I was told that they wear out too quickly or something to that nature.
Is why I went with PowerGrid endlinks! The joints are a different design and shouldn’t wear out / rattle as the standard monoball style rod ends do.

Quick Reply: Rear drop link length