997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

FCP Euro - how are you making LRG work?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2023 | 11:17 AM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

They know exactly what there return percentage is and there pricing is slightly higher then most suppliers. Last time i asked it was a 4% return rate. As long as your over all profit covers the return rate then u r making the same money with great marketing. I buy brakes, bearings, clutches, radiators and anything else i consider a track consumable. U basically have to buy it a second time, return the product and get a store credit. Its a pretty good deal but a pita for just oil changes.
The following users liked this post:
Body In White (12-01-2023)
Old 12-01-2023 | 11:30 AM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

The shipping costs obviously vary based on sender’s location. Here in the northeast, it only costs me $20 to ship back my oil change kits and I use the box and containers from the new kit to pack up all the used parts/oil. The kits, which contain LIQUIMOLY oil, filter, all the gaskets, even the silly $10 tiny filter housing o-ring, cost about $120. Even after I pay return shipping, that’s still $100 net back to me. I don’t mind that it’s in the form of a credit since I’m always buying from them. I did consider the ethical dilemma and I don’t think I would feel right returning consumables if that was my only purchase from them. However, I buy all my maintenance and repair parts for all my German cars from them, and almost none of those are ever returned, so I’m sure they still make money on me.
Old 12-01-2023 | 01:45 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

I posted this link for ATE 200 sale, $12.95 plus shipping, no tax-don't think anyone noticed it:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...-200-sale.html

As far as FCP, I've never attempted to return anything for a free replacement. I get things from them, pads for my Audi S3, and got my GT3's starter from them for that exact reason, in case it fails. Probably a good place to get coil packs in case they ever fail-what would their policy on coil packs be? Test them somehow to confirm before allowing for replacements?
JB
Old 12-01-2023 | 04:46 PM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by JB911
Probably a good place to get coil packs in case they ever fail-what would their policy on coil packs be? Test them somehow to confirm before allowing for replacements?
JB
nope, u buy new ones and return the old ones and they give u a credit. They dont care if they r good or bad. This is why i buy my bearings from them as i replace as a pm every other year.
Old 12-01-2023 | 05:45 PM
Kitc2246
Three Wheelin'

Have my fifth set of front Sebro slotted in the basement which will go on in the Spring along with a second set of Pagid RSL29 front pads. Rotors costs $50 to return. They now require the VIN for each return with a credit for future purchases. Fluids are too much hassle for me. Since Pelican Parts has started the LRG I can only assume they make money on the bottom line.
Old 12-01-2023 | 11:40 PM
Flea7
Rennlist Member

I've received used product from them a couple of times so you really have to inspect your orders.
Old 12-02-2023 | 10:50 AM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flea7
I've received used product from them a couple of times so you really have to inspect your orders.
They do view these posts on rennlist, perhaps someone will comment-

JB
Old 12-02-2023 | 11:00 AM
ldamelio
Rennlist Member

I save about $4000 annually on rotors and pads alone using this. (Sebro slotted and Pagid RSL-29s) as an average track nut (20 days a year). It's usually three sets of pads (about $950 all four) and two of rotors (about $600 all four).

I'm in a street/track Cayman. Folks who track more or race would save even more. One regional instructor who races SPC drives up to FCP at the end of the season with $30,000 in returns for himself and some buddies.

If you want to get into smaller $, after shipping on 660 brake fluid, I get about $50 per flush back. I'll use it for longer term consumables (studs and lug nuts every 50 track days, etc.) when I need them. It usually takes about 10 minutes of paperwork/packaging and a 10 minute trip to the post office for each return. The opportunity cost of that time is minimal to me in retirement. Their customer service is great. I'm mid-Atlantic so shipping distance is low. In my circumstance it makes sense.

I could see not wasting the time if all you're doing is annual oil and brake fluid changes for routine maintenance on a street driven car.

Last edited by ldamelio; 12-02-2023 at 11:12 AM.
Flea7 (12-11-2023)
Old 12-02-2023 | 02:19 PM
Flea7
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JB911
They do view these posts on rennlist, perhaps someone will comment-

JB
I don't need a response. I'm just letting people know that they have issue with inventory of new and used product. It's probably due to so many returns. This is a known problem.
Old 12-11-2023 | 06:57 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flea7
I too received an obviously opened and partly installed CV joint.
I sent it back and they agreed to pay for shipping
Since I'm in San diego I will rarely use them now since so far away.
They must have an Az or Nv warehouse????????????, but they never seem to stock what I need.
Flea7 (12-11-2023)
Old 12-11-2023 | 11:37 PM
ngng
Drifting

Originally Posted by cgfen
I too received an obviously opened and partly installed CV joint.
I sent it back and they agreed to pay for shipping
Since I'm in San diego I will rarely use them now since so far away.
They must have an Az or Nv warehouse????????????, but they never seem to stock what I need.
I ordered some oil for the daily and it shipped from somewhere like that because it was in my hands the next day.
Old 01-20-2024 | 11:52 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hamhands
I did the same thing purely for the purpose of replacing the lip annually.
I forget where you're located, but FYI, they're limiting the front lip to local pickup only now. Found out a couple weeks ago when I went to order.
Fortunately, they're honoring the replacement in my situation. I'm going to send back my old lip and they'll refund me to my credit card. For anything purchased now, it's for store credit.
I'm guessing they were losing a ton of money on shipping cost.
I'm going to be replacing my front lip every two years most likely, so the $400 cost isn't the end of the world. May even buy a couple to have on hand as they're likely only going to go up in price. My local dealer has an online parts business which I've found to be as good if not better than most of the other online retailers, so I can do local pickup through them.
Old 01-20-2024 | 12:57 PM
Hamhands
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bxstr
I forget where you're located, but FYI, they're limiting the front lip to local pickup only now. Found out a couple weeks ago when I went to order.
Fortunately, they're honoring the replacement in my situation. I'm going to send back my old lip and they'll refund me to my credit card. For anything purchased now, it's for store credit.
I'm guessing they were losing a ton of money on shipping cost.
I'm going to be replacing my front lip every two years most likely, so the $400 cost isn't the end of the world. May even buy a couple to have on hand as they're likely only going to go up in price. My local dealer has an online parts business which I've found to be as good if not better than most of the other online retailers, so I can do local pickup through them.
South Carolina, that'll be interesting to see how they handle mine then since I got it before they made that decision.
Old 01-20-2024 | 01:06 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hamhands
South Carolina, that'll be interesting to see how they handle mine then since I got it before they made that decision.
You'll be fine too. But if you bought it when they were only offering store credit, not earlier when they'd refund your original method of payment, then you'd just get store credit.

Quick Reply: FCP Euro - how are you making LRG work?