Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

WTB Sharkwerks Bypass + Tips

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2023, 03:29 PM
Vocan
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Soul looks to be the same design as GMG's center delete pipe. If it were me, I'd get the RSS Center Delete. Best sounding out of all of them. The Sharkwerks is nice but at the top of the rev range, it kinda of peter's out. The GMG drones, so I't just an assumption that the Soul will also. The RSS is music all the way to redline. It never lets up.
Appreciate the suggestions. Part of the reason I was learning towards Sharkwerks is because I know it will bolt up to Dundon's headers, which I'm leaning towards picking up at some point. IIRC, I think the RSS may not mate as easily to longtube headers or side bypasses but someone more knowledgeable than me can correct me if that's not accurate.
Old 12-28-2023, 04:16 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,764 Likes on 1,652 Posts

Originally Posted by Vocan
Appreciate the suggestions. Part of the reason I was learning towards Sharkwerks is because I know it will bolt up to Dundon's headers, which I'm leaning towards picking up at some point. IIRC, I think the RSS may not mate as easily to longtube headers or side bypasses but someone more knowledgeable than me can correct me if that's not accurate.
Well both the RSS and Sharkwerks bolt up to the stock system so I'm assuming the the Dundon system terminates at the same point as the stock system which means both the RSS and Sharkwerks should work the same.

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 01-03-2024 at 12:09 AM.
Old 12-28-2023, 04:22 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 194 Posts

RSS may be a little shorter than the others which would make adding it to aftermarket headers or side deletes a little harder, but really trivially so. I'm running Dundon headers into an RSS center delete right now and it fits just fine.
The following users liked this post:
Vocan (12-28-2023)
Old 12-28-2023, 04:45 PM
Vocan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ranger22
RSS may be a little shorter than the others which would make adding it to aftermarket headers or side deletes a little harder, but really trivially so. I'm running Dundon headers into an RSS center delete right now and it fits just fine.
Oh, good to know!

Would love that sound clip whenever you get around to it
Old 12-28-2023, 10:26 PM
lawrence1
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by Vocan
Hey Steve, I believe it's this center bypass , though I'm not sure whether GMG has revised their center bypass over the years.

https://shop.gmgracing.com/products/...center-section

Fairly typical discoloration from use and overall appears to be in good shape, welds that I can see at least have all held up very well:

If you're interested in a swap still, just let me know.

If they're the stock tips then that shouldn't be a problem. I believe I still have my stock tips from the factory muffler, though if someone has the larger Sharkwerks tips I may be interested in picking those up separately if we end up trading.

yes, they're the stock tips. They bolt on to the sharkwerks center delete. That said, I'd like to find a black coated version of the GMG exhaust as I'd like to keep the tips black (my car is black). I'll sell the sharkwerks pipe once I find a GMG replacement in black, so i'll reach out to you when that happens, although I'm sure you'll find someone to trade with before then.
Old 12-29-2023, 02:24 AM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Received 605 Likes on 309 Posts

Hey @Vocan thanks for the reply earlier. I think I was confused about your original post as I thought you were talking about a GMG exhaust (not a center muffler delete). To make sure I understand you correctly, you are wishing to switch out a GMG center muffler delete for a SharkWerks center muffler delete, right? Just making sure...as I may be hopelessly confused (it wouldn't be the first time!). Thanks!
Old 12-29-2023, 08:35 AM
Vocan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
Hey @Vocan thanks for the reply earlier. I think I was confused about your original post as I thought you were talking about a GMG exhaust (not a center muffler delete). To make sure I understand you correctly, you are wishing to switch out a GMG center muffler delete for a SharkWerks center muffler delete, right? Just making sure...as I may be hopelessly confused (it wouldn't be the first time!). Thanks!
No worries! Sorry, yes that’s correct. Looking to swap a GMG center bypass for a Sharkwerks (or RSS I guess) center bypass. Also potentially willing to throw in some cash on my end depending on condition, etc.
Old 01-02-2024, 11:27 PM
stpatsday
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts

I have sharkwerks bypass and tips. Just removed. Full Akra being installed.
Old 01-12-2024, 08:13 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 44 Posts

I have a Sharkwerks bypass. I have the oe tips, but not the larger Sharkwerks tips
The following users liked this post:
911-AL (01-13-2024)
Old 01-12-2024, 09:04 PM
Vocan
Rennlist Member

Appreciate all the offers. Likely going to pick up a RSS bypass from a RLer and give that a try first. If I don't like it, Sharkwerks may be the next step and I'll start reaching out to people who have chimed in if I end up going that route.

Quick Reply: WTB Sharkwerks Bypass + Tips