Trade Proposal: My Numeric Short Shifter/Cables for Your Stock Parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2023, 10:26 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Trade Proposal: My Numeric Short Shifter/Cables for Your Stock Parts

Hello all,

I've done a bunch of adjusting and playing with the Numeric shifter and cables on my car. I'm going to be sending my car to Seattle so the Charles Dundon and I can rebuild the transmission and install D4 package. In anticipation of that trip, I'm getting all the other things done that I want for the car. I'm fairly certain that despite the worn fork/synchros, that the Numeric is too aggressive for my rather fragile sensibility. I'd like to experience the car with a stock shifter, so I thought I'd through it out there before I order a new OE shifter and cables.

Is anyone interested in a a swap of your stock parts for my Numeric/Cables, or does anyone have your stock parts laying around that you'd like to sell?

Thanks in advance,
Matt
Old 01-05-2023, 11:15 PM
Wonderdan
Rennlist Member

Received 1,173 Likes on 627 Posts

Someone around here has to have one, the stock short shifter is less knotchy and does feel more 991ish.

If you don’t find a donor…https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/99742401091/

D4 w/the v2.0 headers is the way to go (I have the titanium 991.2 muffler though for my preferred note). You can also easily do a guards dif then… though you prob already have one or at least the re-gear.

I did just get a notice in the mail for my emissions again and i started throwing another 02 in the fall after going almost a year clean.

Old 01-05-2023, 11:58 PM
vma1788
Rennlist Member

Received 345 Likes on 175 Posts

I have a .2 RS and would be willing to do this swap. Logistically how do you see this working? It's track season in socal so i'd want to plan around down time.
Old 01-06-2023, 11:20 AM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by vma1788
I have a .2 RS and would be willing to do this swap. Logistically how do you see this working? It's track season in socal so i'd want to plan around down time.
It’s a pretty easy task, it only takes about an hour and a half to take the parts off. I’d propose I pull mine and you pull yours. We could ship something quick like next day or two day, and have our cars swapped inside the work week.
Old 01-06-2023, 12:16 PM
davg
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Money2536
Hello all,

I've done a bunch of adjusting and playing with the Numeric shifter and cables on my car. I'm going to be sending my car to Seattle so the Charles Dundon and I can rebuild the transmission and install D4 package. In anticipation of that trip, I'm getting all the other things done that I want for the car. I'm fairly certain that despite the worn fork/synchros, that the Numeric is too aggressive for my rather fragile sensibility. I'd like to experience the car with a stock shifter, so I thought I'd through it out there before I order a new OE shifter and cables.

Is anyone interested in a a swap of your stock parts for my Numeric/Cables, or does anyone have your stock parts laying around that you'd like to sell?

Thanks in advance,
Matt
If the previous person falls through, I could be down to do this swap. I have a .2 RS, I live in the Central Florida area and can meet up to do the swap.

Thanks,

Dale

Last edited by davg; 01-06-2023 at 12:39 PM.
The following users liked this post:
RallyBird (01-07-2023)
Old 01-06-2023, 03:56 PM
vma1788
Rennlist Member

Received 345 Likes on 175 Posts

Sounds good. When would you like to do it? Shoot me a PM and i'll send you my number. I am in SoCal but I can do this task without a shop so it would be easy for me to handle.
Old 01-07-2023, 02:14 AM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Received 630 Likes on 323 Posts

Assuming that the OP gets his wish first, I would also be willing to trade my Numeric Racing shifter for the stock GT2 assembly. I inherited it with my GT2 and have never honestly warmed up to it fully, even in the longest throw setting (which I currently use). So, I have another one that is available for the same swap. I don't know what kind of cables are in mine, and so wasn't sure that they are worth calling out.

Quick Reply: Trade Proposal: My Numeric Short Shifter/Cables for Your Stock Parts