Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Weiss Gold 997.2 RS Decals - where to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2022, 10:36 PM
Tbt323
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Weiss Gold 997.2 RS Decals - where to buy?

I’m looking to buy a full Weiss Gold decal set for the 7.2 RS.

My local dealer quotes above $2k, I know they can also be bought from sun coast for a little cheaper than that but I was hoping to find a more affordable alternative (they are only decals after all).

KI Studios and Carrera Design do not carry these kits. I found two shops out of the UK (Highgate House UK and Design Stuff Online) who carry the kits but they are using a cast wrap film from Hexis. I was able to get a sample of the Hexis film and the color was just not close enough to the factory Weiss gold for my liking.

Has anyone sourced these recently?

Hexis film picture below against factory Weiss Gold.

Old 02-24-2022, 05:09 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,074 Likes on 2,107 Posts

You can likely save a bit of money by going to one of the other parts suppliers (Sunset Porsche Parts, Delaware Porsche Parts, GetPorscheParrs). Suncoast I’ve found to typically be higher. You’ll need to find the part numbers though. Suncoast does that work for you.
Old 02-24-2022, 05:15 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,074 Likes on 2,107 Posts

Also, you may want to reach out to the company in this post. They just did work for Switchcars on a $300k+ PTS RS.

View this post on Instagram
Old 02-24-2022, 08:00 PM
nle
Rennlist Member

Received 211 Likes on 122 Posts

I previously inquired about the white gold RS decals. The color code is owned by Porsche so vinyl and decal companies cannot reproduce that exact color in their own film. There are close variants like what you've found but no exact match. This is why companies like KIStudios do not offer it. If you want an exact match, you have to buy OEM unfortunately which is costly.

Old 02-25-2022, 10:57 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 813 Likes on 427 Posts

If your car was factory white/gold to me it makes no sense to use anything other than OEM just to save a few bucks on a car worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. It’s not a used Subaru.

To each their own though.
The following 2 users liked this post by Waxer:
f50nut (03-16-2022), Flat6997 (02-26-2022)
Old 02-26-2022, 12:25 AM
stpatsday
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts

^ Yep, and OP also won’t spend fourteen dollars to join our RL club. I know where to get them, but not gonna tell him.
The following users liked this post:
Jason Zhang (02-26-2022)
Old 02-26-2022, 02:07 PM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by stpatsday
^ Yep, and OP also won’t spend fourteen dollars to join our RL club. I know where to get them, but not gonna tell him.
I'm a member. Can you tell me?
Have some dirt trapped under the edges. Not a good look
Old 02-26-2022, 09:48 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 666 Posts

6 posts since May 2020 (I like it,... private guy),.. but looks like OP has paid up now.

.... just keep in mind there are some of us out here that have been paying for many years, but recently decided to give it a break due to the mod purge2.0

I'll probably renew,... but the penalty I'm serving them (IB), will take just a little longer
The following 2 users liked this post by bweSteve:
RAudi Driver (03-02-2022), stpatsday (02-26-2022)
Old 02-26-2022, 11:00 PM
stpatsday
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by bonehead
I'm a member. Can you tell me?
Have some dirt trapped under the edges. Not a good look
give a shout out to Anthony at NS2 Media. He helped me source a complete set of decals from a expert in Europe for my RS. Perfect match factory quality. Good luck!
https://rennlist.com/forums/members/...ra-design.html

bonehead (02-26-2022)
Old 02-27-2022, 12:57 PM
Tbt323
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you to those who provided constructive responses to the question. Love that I got roasted for looking for an alternative to spending $1,500 on decals/stickers. By the looks of it, Michael Adair’s beautiful red car sold by switchcars didn’t have factory stickers and that car sold for $300k+, looks like the market was ok with it.

I should have clarified in my original post that KI Studio & Carrera Design (Anthony @ N2S Media) do not carry the white gold decals (they do carry the kits in general). The UK companies I listed were provided to me from Anthony @ N2S as options to explore. Anthony was very helpful and so were the contacts in the UK he suggested I reach out to who sent me the sample in the attached OP photos. Additional, I’ve used KI studios in the past for Guards Red 7.2 3RS decals and was very happy.

I’ll reach out to WrappedbySB (mention in this thread) to see what they say about White Gold.

It’s looking like OEM is the only way to go for true white gold. I’ll report back if I find anything additional.

Old 03-05-2022, 09:19 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Have to renew my membership. 😬
Old 03-05-2022, 09:28 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Tbt323
Thank you to those who provided constructive responses to the question. Love that I got roasted for looking for an alternative to spending $1,500 on decals/stickers. By the looks of it, Michael Adair’s beautiful red car sold by switchcars didn’t have factory stickers and that car sold for $300k+, looks like the market was ok with it.

I should have clarified in my original post that KI Studio & Carrera Design (Anthony @ N2S Media) do not carry the white gold decals (they do carry the kits in general). The UK companies I listed were provided to me from Anthony @ N2S as options to explore. Anthony was very helpful and so were the contacts in the UK he suggested I reach out to who sent me the sample in the attached OP photos. Additional, I’ve used KI studios in the past for Guards Red 7.2 3RS decals and was very happy.

I’ll reach out to WrappedbySB (mention in this thread) to see what they say about White Gold.

It’s looking like OEM is the only way to go for true white gold. I’ll report back if I find anything additional.
First, the red RS is PTS body color. Likely the overriding interest in the car. Second, the decals were black. Black is black.

White/gold while not PTS is a rare factory combination. Second, the gold color used for the RS decals is proprietary. Its the factory gold that sets the car apart not the body color. A faux white/gold RS will not have the value of a true factory white/gold RS. Thus if you want a $300k+ car to be correct and the correct white/gold requires spending .005% of its value on OEM parts thats what I would do as the main interest others will have in the white gold RS as compared to other RS’s is the white/gold and that it’s the correct color, cut and material i. e. Factory.

If you can match the decals (fenders and sides) as to cut/shape, material and color exactly with a third party for $1000 less then yes, I’d go for it. But if not…no way.

But that’s just what I think. 🤪

Last edited by Waxer; 03-05-2022 at 09:53 AM.
f50nut (03-16-2022)

Quick Reply: Weiss Gold 997.2 RS Decals - where to buy?