Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2021, 09:22 AM
JS
Race Car

Received 523 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by JG 996T
what’s the significance of “no pcm”?
Exactly.

Jamal, please enlighten us on why you would post a car for a collector that has a dirty CARFAX report showing an accident as well.

Old 11-04-2021, 09:41 AM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Received 861 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by JG 996T

what’s the significance of “no pcm”?
Personally I think it's just grasping for straws, trying to make every little detail seem more significant than it really is. However, the reasoning is that a) lack of navigation, thus less frills and weight, is more consistent with the ethos of the RS model and b) the Nav never ages well and ultimately cars that don't have it are not showcasing a piece of outdated tech right in the middle of the center stack.
Old 11-04-2021, 12:25 PM
Jamal514
6th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

To answer a few questions:

@goin2drt
The seller bought it new & enjoyed it for 14yrs/16k miles. We can only hope that the next owner also uses it as intended.

@JS @JG 996T
Imo, an RS should be driver-focused.
It’s got the PCCB’s and I love the subtlety of the dev.stitching & void of any distracting interior body-coloured accents.
As far as the PCM, I think @8Lug answered this well..
Anyone here carry around a 14yo cell phone?
I could just be grasping for straws though.

@JS (post #16)
I don’t fully understand this question but the owner is an elder gentleman who needed help listing the car, and the minor event on the Carfax is well explained in the listing.

Old 11-04-2021, 01:14 PM
seis-speed
Pro

Received 474 Likes on 215 Posts

I have never really been a Viper Green fan, but after watching this video I think this car looks amazing.

The following users liked this post:
Upscale Audio (11-06-2021)
Old 11-04-2021, 01:43 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 742 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamal514
To answer a few questions:

@goin2drt
The seller bought it new & enjoyed it for 14yrs/16k miles. We can only hope that the next owner also uses it as intended.

@JS @JG 996T
Imo, an RS should be driver-focused.
It’s got the PCCB’s and I love the subtlety of the dev.stitching & void of any distracting interior body-coloured accents.
As far as the PCM, I think @8Lug answered this well..
Anyone here carry around a 14yo cell phone?
I could just be grasping for straws though.

@JS (post #16)
I don’t fully understand this question but the owner is an elder gentleman who needed help listing the car, and the minor event on the Carfax is well explained in the listing.
Hmm.... 1,100 miles a year. I guess you and I have a completely different definition of "driving". Sounds to me like a lot of C&C and parking so people can see your piece of art sitting on the floor.
Robocop305 (11-04-2021)
Old 11-04-2021, 01:55 PM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Received 861 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Hmm.... 1,100 miles a year. I guess you and I have a completely different definition of "driving". Sounds to me like a lot of C&C and parking so people can see your piece of art sitting on the floor.
I all fairness, when you consider how many of these cars are still out there with 5k miles, 16k is fairly good usage. I only manage about 1k miles per year on mine, and I sure enjoy the hell out of each one.
Old 11-04-2021, 04:26 PM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 531 Likes on 289 Posts

The 991 might be viper - but 997 is just Green
jasonturbo (11-04-2021)
Old 11-04-2021, 06:16 PM
pluto8022
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mmmm unicorn? Not so sure, I'd have spec'ed it with a clubsport pack, no cost option in the UK. Also the 997 GT2 RS was available with carbon fibre front wings( fenders), not sure if that was an available option for the 3RS, if so those added would be a unicorn car. Still, wouldn't say no to it.... 🤣 🤣 🤣
Old 11-05-2021, 01:25 PM
Jamal514
6th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I’m happy to report that the DME report has come back with Zero over-revs!

Old 11-06-2021, 12:12 AM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,087 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Ouch. That's a little rough since you don't even know the seller. Besides, there are plenty of guys here that have either a track or cup cars to beat into the ground, and diamonds they like to protect. And if you put PPF on the entire car as many do, it could do a lot of track time or DE events and still look pretty good.

Regardless, there's a lot of ways to love a GT3 RS. One way has no more validity than the other. I drive mine to work, and it's as enjoyable as it is to take a spirited drive on Angeles Crest. My track days are over.

And the mileage this car has is not THAT low. I love it but don't want a Canadian car,
Old 11-06-2021, 12:32 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 398 Posts

15000 miles and no over revs...even range 1....sorry but that is not how this car was meant to be enjoyed. Might even have some carbon build up. Absolutely beautiful car! should be interesting to see where it sells.
any pics of the damaged rocker from the car fax? or at least a receipt of what was done?
Old 11-06-2021, 01:48 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,924 Likes on 1,731 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
15000 miles and no over revs...even range 1....sorry but that is not how this car was meant to be enjoyed. Might even have some carbon build up. Absolutely beautiful car! should be interesting to see where it sells.
any pics of the damaged rocker from the car fax? or at least a receipt of what was done?
How is this car meant to be enjoyed?
Old 11-06-2021, 04:05 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 398 Posts

sorry, I was thinking about my post and realized it was incorrect as the car can be and should be enjoyed below redline without indicating any over-revs. As a matter of fact this car has been well taken care of. I guess I was thown off by the zeros, as I am not used to seeing those. It looks like a beautiful car and the winner of the auction will get an incredible car. I drove one of these at Mosport years ago (student's car), it was incredible, and I couldn't stop thinking about it for days.
Old 11-06-2021, 11:45 AM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Received 629 Likes on 322 Posts

My GT3 RS is approaching 70k miles and also has zero over-revs. Is it not being enjoyed?

My GT2 is approaching 50k miles and has lots of over-revs, up to Range 4. But those who know will understand that the way the two machines count over-revs is completely different.
The following 2 users liked this post by Steve Theodore:
Porsche cowboy (11-07-2021), Upscale Audio (11-06-2021)
Old 11-06-2021, 03:22 PM
Belinko
Racer

Received 135 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
How is this car meant to be enjoyed?
Obviously the car can be enjoyed in many ways.

I think what Turbodan is trying to convey is that these cars where specifically engineered and designed to be dual purpose street/track cars. Pull it out of your garage, drive to the track and drive home. Many of the original owners of these vehicles used the car exactly in this fashion. These days the majority 997 GT3/RS are cars and coffee, canyon cruisers, eye candy and there is nothing wrong with that. But, one could make an argument that, since this is one of the ultimate driver's car the only way to fully experience and exploit the maximum potential of this car in a safe and controlled environment is on a race track, because it was designed to do exactly that. IMHO this still holds true for this car and many other cars with high performance envelopes. This is the precise reason why I purchased a 7.1 GT3. Not many cars can pull this dual duty work load without imploding, it is an extremely unique vehicle and it happens to be more valuable these days. Being at WOT, maximum braking, at the limits of adhesion for a sustained 20-30 minutes is an experience that will never be achieved on the street legally.

I totally understand, why someone wouldn't want to track a 16K miles RS these days.

Quick Reply: Unicorn of a build GT3 RS 💚