Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Swap all 4 tires on RS?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2021, 10:11 PM
ngng
Drifting

Received 307 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Wait up, Tire Rack is quoting you $3,000 for a set of N Spec Cups? That's not correct. N Spec Cup 2's, in a 997 GT3 RS sizes, cost $1,622.26 and $1552.26 after the rebate.

I just got a pair and they are great. If you don't drive in wet conditions or in temps 45 degrees or below, I would get a set.

NGNG, I thought the same thing also that the N spec is just a tax on the tire to get a Porsche designation. However, after getting my first set of non N spec, then a set of N specs and seeing the physical differences, I could only wonder if there were also some other differences that couldn't been seen with the naked eye. That sent me down a rabbit hole and one article that I read got me and has convinced me that the N Spec, M0 Spec and any other spec tire is actually a different tire than their non designated counterpart.

8 Pages of a designated Michelin tire on Moto IQ:
https://motoiq.com/not-all-michelin-...ated-the-same/

4 Cup 2's in a shopping Cart at Tire Rack:

i'm sure there are some differences, but i suspect most people won't come close to feeling those differences. and if you are pushing the limits, a street N rated tire isn't going to compare to a dedicated performance tire
Old 08-19-2021, 01:01 AM
Breakthru
Rennlist Member

Received 321 Likes on 129 Posts

@RAudi Driver I just checked again and it was for a 991 GT3 RS and not a 997. Doh! At any rate, I'm not too worried about it. Good to know for next time though! I'd love to try both N spec and non-N and see if theres an actual difference in performance.
Old 08-19-2021, 01:23 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,924 Likes on 1,731 Posts

No worries, I only got my N spec for the look of no rim protection bead. Didn't really know about any other performance difference between them when I was looking for tires.

Quick Reply: Swap all 4 tires on RS?