Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Anyone Running Fabspeed Bypass

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2021, 05:51 PM
GTTommy
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Anyone Running Fabspeed Bypass

Close to buying a bypass after lots of YouTube and research and then came across the newly design fabspeed bypass with the curved oem style balance tubes.

Kinda makes sense, wondered if anyone has tried one yet and could let me know your opinion and what it sounds like?

​​​​​​Link below...

www.fabspeed.com/amp/porsche-997-gt3-gt3-rs-center-muffler-bypass-pipe/

Thanks all
​​​​
Old 08-02-2021, 11:49 AM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Received 451 Likes on 315 Posts

It looks nice and has some reinforcement welds too from what I see
I have the M&M/FVD center, which like the Sharkwerks CBP, is not connected to the other side
Also, mine uses the stock clamps to hold it in place which is needed especially if you also have the side bypass(I have valved Soul sides)

There was a Softronic thread discussing some of this. I now wonder what the Singer cars with the Williams engine use for an exhaust since they come from the F1 world with lots of data and years of experience. You can see their exhaust exits separately but who knows what it looks like behind the bumper etc-

Here's the Softronic discussion, towards the end of the thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...ennlist-3.html

John
The following users liked this post:
GTTommy (08-02-2021)
Old 08-02-2021, 01:19 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 649 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by GTTommy
Close to buying a bypass after lots of YouTube and research and then came across the newly design fabspeed bypass with the curved oem style balance tubes.

Kinda makes sense, wondered if anyone has tried one yet and could let me know your opinion and what it sounds like?

​​​​​​Link below...

http://www.fabspeed.com/amp/porsche-...r-bypass-pipe/

Thanks all
​​​​
Probably not specifically what you are looking for but I think I have just about got the perfect sound set up in my car. Fabspeed sport headers (these add some sound but not much) stock side mufflers (without these almost everything is too loud for me) and the Fabspeed center muffler at the end (the version with the 2 mini Max Flo mufflers before they exit). My car came this way and I have yet to find the need to change it. I have played with a few set ups but I kept coming back to keeping the stock side mufflers on. I assume any of the quality center bypasses will add the sound you want. Every combo I tried without the stock side mufflers was obnoxious IMO. Especially if there is highway driving. At the end of the day I think the best all around setup is still stock all the way around with your choice of final bypass..
GTTommy (08-02-2021)
Old 08-02-2021, 06:10 PM
jackb911
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 55 Posts

Mine has the older Fabspeed version with the straight balance tube, It is the only mod I have and it does sound great. With the Sport button off, it is almost as quiet as the factory center muffler until you hit 4,000 rpm. Then it sounds like a GT3 is supposed to.

It is even better with the Sport button enabled but it still reasonably quiet below 4K. It does have a noticeably louder idle, though.

I didn't care for the Fabspeed extensions and had these made from 304 Stainless for a more aggressive look.

Last edited by jackb911; 08-02-2021 at 06:11 PM.
GTTommy (08-02-2021)
Old 08-02-2021, 06:34 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 687 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by GTTommy

​​​​​​Link below...

http://www.fabspeed.com/amp/porsche-...r-bypass-pipe/

Thanks all
​​​​
Hey Tommy! Truly one of the best upgrades for the platform.

Shoot me a PM or email for our Rennlist discount!

The following 2 users liked this post by Fabspeed Motorsport:
GTTommy (08-02-2021), Steve Theodore (11-16-2021)
Old 08-02-2021, 06:50 PM
GTTommy
Instructor

Originally Posted by JB911
It looks nice and has some reinforcement welds too from what I see
I have the M&M/FVD center, which like the Sharkwerks CBP, is not connected to the other side
Also, mine uses the stock clamps to hold it in place which is needed especially if you also have the side bypass(I have valved Soul sides)

There was a Softronic thread discussing some of this. I now wonder what the Singer cars with the Williams engine use for an exhaust since they come from the F1 world with lots of data and years of experience. You can see their exhaust exits separately but who knows what it looks like behind the bumper etc-

Here's the Softronic discussion, towards the end of the thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...ennlist-3.html

John
It is interesting, I guess not many people will know the real answer on that, I kinda trust porsche though that's why the new fabspeed pipe looks interesting to me it's got the same setup as oem but with the added noise?

I'd imagine the cup cars don't have the balance pipes as they are just interested in the top end power rather than mid range torque?
​​​​
It's interesting for sure though!
Old 08-02-2021, 06:52 PM
GTTommy
Instructor

Originally Posted by jackb911
Mine has the older Fabspeed version with the straight balance tube, It is the only mod I have and it does sound great. With the Sport button off, it is almost as quiet as the factory center muffler until you hit 4,000 rpm. Then it sounds like a GT3 is supposed to.

It is even better with the Sport button enabled but it still reasonably quiet below 4K. It does have a noticeably louder idle, though.

I didn't care for the Fabspeed extensions and had these made from 304 Stainless for a more aggressive look.

Awesome! Thanks for feedback! That does look great!
jackb911 (08-02-2021)
Old 08-02-2021, 08:05 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Jack, those look great. I as well don’t like the “dual wall” look of the stock Fabspeed. Are yours 100 or 88mm? Assuming they would mount the same as mine? Did you have to customize anything where they attached?
Old 08-02-2021, 10:21 PM
jackb911
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
Jack, those look great. I as well don’t like the “dual wall” look of the stock Fabspeed. Are yours 100 or 88mm? Assuming they would mount the same as mine? Did you have to customize anything where they attached?
The outside of the outlets are around 90mm. I got them from a hot rod exhaust company in Minnesota called Heartthrob Exhaust.. Everything there is in inches, not mm.

The Fabspeed outlets that the extensions attach to are an odd size. but I don't recall exactly what but I am pretty sure it is around 2 3/4" . Here is a page from the Heartthrob site that lists several different sizes.

http://www.heartthrobexhaust.com/straighttubing.htm

As indicated at the top of the page, they will cut them to size for you. I had mine done several years ago in the 304 stainless and polished the outsides with 0000 steel wool. They are a perfect interference fit as shown in this underside shot.

Old 08-03-2021, 12:24 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

The outside of the outlets are around 90mm. I got them from a hot rod exhaust company in Minnesota called Heartthrob Exhaust.. Everything there is in inches, not mm.

The Fabspeed outlets that the extensions attach to are an odd size. but I don't recall exactly what but I am pretty sure it is around 2 3/4" . Here is a page from the Heartthrob site that lists several different sizes.

http://www.heartthrobexhaust.com/straighttubing.htm

As indicated at the top of the page, they will cut them to size for you. I had mine done several years ago in the 304 stainless and polished the outsides with 0000 steel wool. They are a perfect interference fit as shown in this underside shot.

Thank you Sir. That's what I was wondering about. The Fabspeed diameter is smaller and I was wondering if Sharky's tips (with the backing plate) would bolt up to the Fabspeed tips?
Old 08-03-2021, 12:50 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Received 451 Likes on 315 Posts

Cargraphic in Germany makes a variety of tips:

https://www.cargraphicts.com/en/prod...ipes-coatings/

JB
Old 11-14-2021, 06:26 PM
GTTommy
Instructor

Ordered, nearly went sharky but fancied something different...

Coming in a few weeks, pics and findings to follow...
Old 02-25-2022, 05:50 PM
GTTommy
Instructor

Ok, took a lot longer than expected to arrive...but its here and fitted...

Quality is oem+, the fit is oem and the sound is unreal, its not changed the sound of the mezger like some of the bypasses seem too, I. E. it's not high pitched, it's oem mezger on steroids, no drone cruising at 70 either!

Last edited by GTTommy; 02-25-2022 at 05:52 PM.
Flat6997 (02-25-2022)
Old 02-25-2022, 07:37 PM
8Lug
Rennlist Member

Received 860 Likes on 407 Posts

Wow, looks great. Post some sound clips if you can.
Old 02-25-2022, 10:55 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 666 Posts

hmmm,... based on the design, I can't see how it would create such a huge difference in sound .... verses say a RSS or SW. Sounds clips would be helpful for sure.

Quick Reply: Anyone Running Fabspeed Bypass