Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Floor Mats, trying to match to OEM carpet color

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2021 | 02:23 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Default Floor Mats, trying to match to OEM carpet color

So on my first car, I had a Rennline track mat. My carpeted floor mats were OEM, with some wear and I purchased a st of Lloyds with a GT3 Script. They were nice but a little too black when compared to the OEM carpet. Is OEM the only choice?

Last set from Lloyds were the Untimats. Those only came in a super black color. This time I'm looking at one of the lower end mats and there are two colors that I'm trying to see if anyone has had experience with, which is black and ebony. Is the ebony the exact same color as OEM?

TIA

Lloyds Color choices

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 07-04-2021 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-04-2021 | 02:30 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

I've also had a set of Llyods. They definitely were more black than the OEM carpet. The fasteners never stayed in place, so I went to OEM. Keep in mind, Llyods is not able to produce Porsche script mats anymore. Their license expired a couple months back.

The OEM mats are actually a bit lighter than the OEM carpet. But overall I prefer them. A less tall pile so they're easier to clean.

I've also tried Autostyle mats, but this was in an Audi. Some people have had issues getting their mats or delays, this was years back. Have not heard if that's improved recently. I think you'd want the anthracite color. I'd request some samples and see what works for you. https://www.autostyle.co.uk/designer_car_mats.asp
Old 07-04-2021 | 02:46 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Thanks, I may just go with a set of OEM's. I do like them super thin and light. The Lloyds Untimats were too thick plush.
Old 07-04-2021 | 02:57 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
Thanks, I may just go with a set of OEM's. I do like them super thin and light. The Lloyds Untimats were too thick plush.
I've been very happy with them and would recommend them. Agree with what you mentioned above. I actually don't need to vacuum the mats. Can just shake them out and they come clean.

Quick Reply: Floor Mats, trying to match to OEM carpet color