Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Seatbelts not retracting well also other aging items.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2021, 12:48 PM
007DT
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Seatbelts not retracting well also other aging items.

Car is getting older (07' RS) so time to look at some replacement parts and address some issues. Looking for some feedback.

1. I have the Carbon Fiber (plastic) center console that is cracked. Where should I source, or repair?

2. My Seatbelt (not sure about passenger) is loose. If it is pulled out a bit it does not retract easily. Sometimes I have to feed it back in. This seems like a safety issue but not sure if anyone has experienced this with their car and there may be a fix as opposed to replacing the unit? If the unit needs replaced, where do you suggest sourcing the part(s). If I were to replace I'd probably get Orange.
Old 06-11-2021, 03:01 PM
chiffonade
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

MACarbon makes a CF console for about a third of the price of OEM.

Seat belt likely just needs to be cleaned.
The following 5 users liked this post by chiffonade:
007DT (06-11-2021), 4porsh (06-12-2021), cbracerx (06-18-2021), LCCHOU (09-29-2021), RAudi Driver (09-03-2021)
Old 06-11-2021, 04:11 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,093 Likes on 2,115 Posts

DBCarbon for the center console. $1k. $250 for ashtray. No core required. Great customer service. Great quality.
The following users liked this post:
007DT (06-14-2021)
Old 08-30-2021, 03:29 PM
Fisher
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 27 Posts

Repeat of what was said before. Searching will often bring answers.

Seatbelt Retraction Problem - FIX
My seatbelt was not retracting into driving position without manually feeding it through the loop on the height adjuster. Noticed that retraction was slowed or stopped when there was zero belt clearance where the belt is looped over.

Cut a piece of 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper the width of the belt and fed it through inside the belt loop. Pulled the belt and sandpaper (grit side against the loop) together, back and forth through the loop a few times. This left a few deposits of debris on the sandpaper. No real sanding, just debris removal. The tensioner is working fine and the belt now retracts like it should.

Beats paying $400 for a new belt assembly.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...oblem-fix.html
The following 3 users liked this post by Fisher:
007DT (09-02-2021), cbracerx (08-30-2021), Robocop305 (08-30-2021)
Old 09-02-2021, 03:32 PM
007DT
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by grizfish

My seatbelt was not retracting into driving position without manually feeding it through the loop on the height adjuster. Noticed that retraction was slowed or stopped when there was zero belt clearance where the belt is looped over.

Cut a piece of 600 grit wet/dry sandpaper the width of the belt and fed it through inside the belt loop. Pulled the belt and sandpaper (grit side against the loop) together, back and forth through the loop a few times. This left a few deposits of debris on the sandpaper. No real sanding, just debris removal. The tensioner is working fine and the belt now retracts like it should.

Thanks so much for this!!.. My car was in the shop and I had ordered a new Dr Seatbelt. I sent the shop your suggestion... Worked like a charm. Saved me a couple hundred $$. I owe you a beer! or 12...
Old 09-02-2021, 07:04 PM
PK911
Instructor

Received 88 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by grizfish

Same here. Just spent 5 minutes in my garage doing what you suggested. Issue resolved. THANK YOU!

Quick Reply: Seatbelts not retracting well also other aging items.