Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

‘11 GT3 RS 4.0 Battery

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2021, 01:36 PM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Received 629 Likes on 322 Posts

I've had my Antigravity battery in my GT2 for about 1.5 years and absolutely love it. They are awesome to work with, answered a few of my questions early on, and I have had no problems whatsoever with the battery. In fact I love their batteries and tech so much that I already bought another one for my Toyota 4Runner. The differences compared to the outdated lead-acid battery tech are incredible, as is the performance and weight reduction.
The following 2 users liked this post by Steve Theodore:
Antigravity (08-09-2021), Laguna_Dude (08-06-2021)
Old 08-06-2021, 11:17 PM
The Mick
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 20 Posts

Steve, which AG battery do you have in that beast?
The following users liked this post:
Steve Theodore (08-07-2021)
Old 08-07-2021, 03:03 PM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Received 629 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by The Mick
Steve, which AG battery do you have in that beast?
I went back through my actual orders with AG and these are the models I have:
AG-H6-40-RS Antigravity H6/Group-48 Car Battery for my 997.1 GT2 (purchased in August 2019)
AG-35-40-RS Antigravity Group-35/Q85 Car Battery for my 2008 Toyota 4Runner V6 (purchased in December 2020)

I have been extremely pleased with both batteries, and have had no problems with either one. They are a company that communicates very well and I will continue to buy more of their products as I need new batteries for my other vehicles!
Old 08-07-2021, 10:52 PM
The Mick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
I went back through my actual orders with AG and these are the models I have:
AG-H6-40-RS Antigravity H6/Group-48 Car Battery for my 997.1 GT2 (purchased in August 2019)
AG-35-40-RS Antigravity Group-35/Q85 Car Battery for my 2008 Toyota 4Runner V6 (purchased in December 2020)

I have been extremely pleased with both batteries, and have had no problems with either one. They are a company that communicates very well and I will continue to buy more of their products as I need new batteries for my other vehicles!
I appreciate you taking the time to look that up. I’m considering going the Antigravity route. Trying to decide if I should get an AG-H6-30-RS or a AG-H6-40-RS.
Old 08-08-2021, 09:47 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,012 Likes on 570 Posts

Originally Posted by The Mick
I appreciate you taking the time to look that up. I’m considering going the Antigravity route. Trying to decide if I should get an AG-H6-30-RS or a AG-H6-40-RS.
Mick, this will depend on your application and use of the Car...

For example if you don't have any accessories like dash cams, radar detectors, or other accessories that can create more Parasitic drain on the battery .... and you don't drive in freezing weather often, or don't store you car for weeks at a time then the 30Ah is OK.

The 40Amp Hour allows for longer storage time without needing to be on a charger and, better starting in freezing temps when the car is not started often because the 40Amp Hour Battery has 10 Amp Hours more overhead which is significant for cold weather and storage time.

The 60Amp Hour version is really only necessary if you choose to store you car for many months and want to come back and start it without needing a charger during those longer storage times, or if you drive in alot in areas with long winter times and snow driving and such, which I don't see many GT3s doing very often.

But note that Lithium will NOT have issues with Cranking Power at all, even smaller Lithium Batteries in the 10 Amp Hour range still start Porsches with ease. But the small Amp Hours just don't have adequate Amp Hour Capacity to be used as a direct replacement for the 70~80 Amp Hour Lead/Acid Batteries in the Porsches. So a 30 is fine in a normal mild climate and in a car that doesn't have alot of extra accessories. If you have any other questions let us know.
The following users liked this post:
Steve Theodore (08-09-2021)
Old 08-09-2021, 12:15 AM
The Mick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Mick, this will depend on your application and use of the Car...

For example if you don't have any accessories like dash cams, radar detectors, or other accessories that can create more Parasitic drain on the battery .... and you don't drive in freezing weather often, or don't store you car for weeks at a time then the 30Ah is OK.

The 40Amp Hour allows for longer storage time without needing to be on a charger and, better starting in freezing temps when the car is not started often because the 40Amp Hour Battery has 10 Amp Hours more overhead which is significant for cold weather and storage time.

The 60Amp Hour version is really only necessary if you choose to store you car for many months and want to come back and start it without needing a charger during those longer storage times, or if you drive in alot in areas with long winter times and snow driving and such, which I don't see many GT3s doing very often.

But note that Lithium will NOT have issues with Cranking Power at all, even smaller Lithium Batteries in the 10 Amp Hour range still start Porsches with ease. But the small Amp Hours just don't have adequate Amp Hour Capacity to be used as a direct replacement for the 70~80 Amp Hour Lead/Acid Batteries in the Porsches. So a 30 is fine in a normal mild climate and in a car that doesn't have alot of extra accessories. If you have any other questions let us know.
Very useful information… the AG-H6-40-RS it is then. Thanks
Old 08-09-2021, 10:27 AM
Khloesdad
Rennlist Member

Received 551 Likes on 388 Posts

Thats the one I have. Love it.

Quick Reply: ‘11 GT3 RS 4.0 Battery