Black 7.2RS decals DZL pkg help

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 12:28 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 655 Likes on 308 Posts
Default Black 7.2RS decals DZL pkg help

Fellas,

Question: My car has full PPF coverage on it that was put on by the original owner at the time of purchase (older 3M version) which of course is both good and bad when it's put on over the top of the stock decal set. I'd like a newer gen PPF as it's 10 years old and I'd like to get he decals back over the top of the PPF as well. I can then play with graphics or no graphics etc.

The issue is Porsche is not listing the side checkered flag in black as an option. Probably because of the DZL package? From previous experience I also know that aftermarket fonts can often be off a bit from the factory set. I'm nosing around to see who has the most accurate aftermarket set. Any added info appreciated. PS. Can this be raised up to a higher level at Porsche (exclusive etc.) to find find a set?

Mj
Old 03-12-2021, 12:51 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 425 Likes on 265 Posts

I cant personally vouch for this outfit, but they look like they know what they are doing and certainly seems a reasonable price to order a set to see

https://renndecals.com/products/pors...-side-decals-1

Old 03-12-2021, 01:58 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 578 Likes on 271 Posts

We can do a trade and you wouldn’t have that horrible problem...

I’ll give you my grey/red RS for yours
The following users liked this post:
fijibubba (03-12-2021)
Old 03-12-2021, 02:40 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
Fellas,

Question: My car has full PPF coverage on it that was put on by the original owner at the time of purchase (older 3M version) which of course is both good and bad when it's put on over the top of the stock decal set. I'd like a newer gen PPF as it's 10 years old and I'd like to get he decals back over the top of the PPF as well. I can then play with graphics or no graphics etc.

The issue is Porsche is not listing the side checkered flag in black as an option. Probably because of the DZL package? From previous experience I also know that aftermarket fonts can often be off a bit from the factory set. I'm nosing around to see who has the most accurate aftermarket set. Any added info appreciated. PS. Can this be raised up to a higher level at Porsche (exclusive etc.) to find find a set?

Mj
oh man, I hope you don't lose your black graphics, your car looks so good!
Old 03-12-2021, 02:50 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
oh man, I hope you don't lose your black graphics, your car looks so good!
Not going to happen! I’ll get this figured out!
Old 03-12-2021, 02:52 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by neurotic
We can do a trade and you wouldn’t have that horrible problem...

I’ll give you my grey/red RS for yours
HA! Too bad we don’t live in the same town, we could switch back and forth! That’s kind of fun 🤩
The following 2 users liked this post by Mr. Adair:
fijibubba (03-12-2021), neurotic (03-12-2021)
Old 03-12-2021, 02:53 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by mchrono
I cant personally vouch for this outfit, but they look like they know what they are doing and certainly seems a reasonable price to order a set to see

https://renndecals.com/products/pors...-side-decals-1

Thanks Chrono, I have seen them. Did the accuracy and fit seem right?
Old 03-12-2021, 03:23 PM
650kid
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 65 Posts

Ping Kyle at https://kistudios.com/ Graphics are SPOT ON.
Old 03-12-2021, 04:31 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
Thanks Chrono, I have seen them. Did the accuracy and fit seem right?
those are REALLY inexpensive
Old 03-12-2021, 04:57 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,093 Likes on 2,115 Posts

I'd contact your dealer and see if Porsche Exclusive is able to get a set for you, like you mentioned. I'd have to imagine that there is someone else out there that has needed a set or a dealer that needed a replacement set. I was very surprised to not see an option in the parts catalog for DZL graphics. Keep us posted.
Old 03-12-2021, 05:31 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,397 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Maybe this?

https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...ipesblack.html
Old 03-12-2021, 05:42 PM
daedton
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

I can confirm for you the question you had about the DZL package and getting the black decals. It seemed absolutely crazy at the time, but if you did NOT specify the DZL package your car would come with red graphics, red mirrors, red wheels, red wing endplates, and the front air intake in the front bumper would be red too! I ordered a PTS Mexico Blue 11 RS and had to get the DZL package to get these all in Black!

It's a very rare option because the DZL package alone, if I remember right was about $7.5k. If your car did have that option, it's a nice thing to know. So I'd suggest ordering a full Black set of decals just in case you decide to go back to match how the car was delivered.

Mexico with DZL package

EMpunker (03-18-2021)
Old 03-12-2021, 08:02 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by 650kid
Ping Kyle at https://kistudios.com/ Graphics are SPOT ON.
I have used him for other stuff, quality stuff.
Old 03-12-2021, 09:43 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by daedton
I can confirm for you the question you had about the DZL package and getting the black decals. It seemed absolutely crazy at the time, but if you did NOT specify the DZL package your car would come with red graphics, red mirrors, red wheels, red wing endplates, and the front air intake in the front bumper would be red too! I ordered a PTS Mexico Blue 11 RS and had to get the DZL package to get these all in Black!

It's a very rare option because the DZL package alone, if I remember right was about $7.5k. If your car did have that option, it's a nice thing to know. So I'd suggest ordering a full Black set of decals just in case you decide to go back to match how the car was delivered.

Mexico with DZL package
Yes, I definitely have a DZL package. Don’t forget the steering wheel center is also black on a DZL package I believe. The price through the dealer can be close to $1100 for the set and the vinyl quality is terrible! I’ll do some legwork and keep you posted..
Old 03-15-2021, 07:41 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Default Update on Factory Black 7.2 RS graphics SUNCOAST

Here is the update from Suncoast. Sounds like they can make sure the font and size is factory correct. It's a long wait and plenty of money! See below..Hello,

The fonts will look like the link I have placed below. Black is made to order and will take 4-6 months for Porsche in Germany to make them.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/997GT3DS.html

Charles Bailey

877-923-1700

www.suncoastparts.com

Sunset Automotive Group and its affiliate companies are not responsible for errors or omissions in this e-mail message. Any Personal comments made in this communication may not reflect the views of this dealership. Any contractual or financial obligations implied in this e-mail will not be legally binding without the expressed written consent of a corporate officer.
Mcthar (03-16-2021)

Quick Reply: Black 7.2RS decals DZL pkg help