Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Interested in 997 GT3 RS hows market lately?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2021, 04:27 PM
mikes70
Rennlist Member

Received 254 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
Agreed. They have gone up fairly fast and substantially. Not sure what drove this. I think or surmise it was a combination of:

Pdk domination for GT cars and RSs.

Increasing performance resulting in ever increasing insulation of driver from car resulting in less visceral and connected car and driver experience.

Sheer mass of production of 991GT cars. Not sure of 991RS total production but I believe 10,000+ WW. PAG produced as many as they could to cash in when they realized the high demand. It was no longer making 1 less than demand.

997RS was produced at a time when they had to make just enough to homlogate for FIA and were even worried they would sell them. Only 1500 or so 997.2RSs made. 997.1 RS number is small too.

Size, performance, looks and involvement wise 997 RSs are considered the “sweet spot” of RSs by many.

Mezger engine. Enough said. Hans passed away recently too. Maybe this added to the aura.

Libs pushing Green New deal insanity and many auto makers signing the death warrant of the ICE by 2035.

Very few cars in inventory for sale. Seems many are holding especially the nice ones.

And I also think people interested in "insert want here________" have an enormous amount of time researching stuff. Stange times.
The following users liked this post:
Robocop305 (02-28-2021)

Quick Reply: Interested in 997 GT3 RS hows market lately?