Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

CGT seat part

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2021, 05:55 PM
my first 911
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 74 Posts
Default CGT seat part

I bought a 2008 with CGT seats in it. The side brackets for the lap belts are pushed out with a 1/2" or so block. This causes the harness belt bracket to dig into the carpet on the tunnel. Someone has these seats for sale currently in the RL market and I noticed it doesn't have the spacer and the harness is bolted much closer to the seat. To do this I need the part below to be a 1/2" or so shorter. I can obviously have them machined but if anyone knows how to purchase the shorter ones that would be a huge help.

Thanks, Dave

tunnel side of the passenger seat.

this part needs to be about 1/2" shorter. The inside is threaded and the 17mm bolt that holds the belt go into it. There is a square hole on the seat support that this fits into.

door side of the passenger seat but the part is the same on bolt sides.
Old 01-09-2021, 08:20 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,093 Likes on 2,115 Posts

Hi Dave,
It appears to be part 22, in this diagram. However, my concern is that it is the same part that you already have. What I would probably do, given the price of $30 from Sunset Porsche Parts but retail of $44 from the dealer is have them order you in one and then if It’s the correct size, buy it. But I wouldn’t want to spend the money online and have it not be the correct part.

https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/p...3-2/29/812000/

999 048 012 01

Joe

Last edited by Bxstr; 01-09-2021 at 08:23 PM.
Old 01-09-2021, 08:40 PM
The Mick
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 20 Posts

You have the same issue I had with my CGT seats, they were fitted with 996 GT3 belt hardware. If you use all the hardware below they'll be fixed right but more importantly they'll work as intended if you have a crash.

Last edited by The Mick; 01-09-2021 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Second pic didn't load
Old 01-10-2021, 09:21 AM
my first 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Hi Dave,
It appears to be part 22, in this diagram. However, my concern is that it is the same part that you already have. What I would probably do, given the price of $30 from Sunset Porsche Parts but retail of $44 from the dealer is have them order you in one and then if It’s the correct size, buy it. But I wouldn’t want to spend the money online and have it not be the correct part.

https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/p...3-2/29/812000/

999 048 012 01

Joe
Joe, you never disappoint!! Thanks for this, it's a huge help.
Old 01-10-2021, 09:27 AM
my first 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by The Mick

You have the same issue I had with my CGT seats, they were fitted with 996 GT3 belt hardware. If you use all the hardware below they'll be fixed right but more importantly they'll work as intended if you have a crash.
The Mick.. I really appreciate you posting this. I could not figure out why some seats in photos had one type of hardware and why mine was different. Another question, Is there room to bolt both the factory seat belt parts along with the 6 point harness parts?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 01-10-2021, 12:20 PM
The Mick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by my first 911
The Mick.. I really appreciate you posting this. I could not figure out why some seats in photos had one type of hardware and why mine was different. Another question, Is there room to bolt both the factory seat belt parts along with the 6 point harness parts?

Thanks,
Dave
Dave,

If you are using a proper Clubsport harness (picture attached) that was spacificly designed for these cars and came as standard equipment if you ordered a Clubsport you will have no trouble at all. Just leave out number 19 (washer) and place the belt there instead.

Old 01-10-2021, 12:29 PM
my first 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by The Mick
Dave,

If you are using a proper Clubsport harness (picture attached) that was spacificly designed for these cars and came as standard equipment if you ordered a Clubsport you will have no trouble at all. Just leave out number 19 (washer) and place the belt there instead.

So I bought the belts for a GT3. the shoulder belts and lap belts are the same as pictured above but the sub belts don't have the brackets on the end. I had to buy sub bars to wrap the sub belt to. What do the sub belts in your picture attach to. I could never figure out how the previous owner had 6 point belts but no sub bars....now I understand.

Last edited by my first 911; 01-10-2021 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-10-2021, 01:59 PM
Wind911
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 129 Posts

So I bought the belts for a GT3. the shoulder belts and lap belts are the same as pictured above but the sub belts don't have the brackets on the end. I had to buy sub bars to wrap the sub belt to. What do the sub belts in your picture attach to. I could never figure out how the previous owner had 6 point belts but no sub bars....now I understand.
Factory equipped Clubsport cars have reinforced threaded holes on the floor that these sub belts can bolt into.
Old 01-10-2021, 02:02 PM
Wind911
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 129 Posts

I bought a 2008 with CGT seats in it. The side brackets for the lap belts are pushed out with a 1/2" or so block. This causes the harness belt bracket to dig into the carpet on the tunnel. Someone has these seats for sale currently in the RL market and I noticed it doesn't have the spacer and the harness is bolted much closer to the seat. To do this I need the part below to be a 1/2" or so shorter. I can obviously have them machined but if anyone knows how to purchase the shorter ones that would be a huge help.

Thanks, Dave

tunnel side of the passenger seat.

this part needs to be about 1/2" shorter. The inside is threaded and the 17mm bolt that holds the belt go into it. There is a square hole on the seat support that this fits into.

door side of the passenger seat but the part is the same on bolt sides.
These blocks and hardwares are for 996 Euro buckets seat. They are now NLA and worth several hundred dollars if you can find a pair. Don't cut or throw them away. Buy the correct parts shown above for the CGT seeats.

Last edited by Wind911; 01-10-2021 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-10-2021, 04:05 PM
The Mick
Rennlist Member

The 997 Clubsport and RS have modified floor sections. In addition to the plates welded to the floor for the front and rear roll bar, the front section of the seat support/brace has been modified with the addition of sub belt mounts. The center tunnel is also modified with a support for the inside harness mount.

Old 03-06-2021, 03:18 PM
my first 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wind911
These blocks and hardwares are for 996 Euro buckets seat. They are now NLA and worth several hundred dollars if you can find a pair. Don't cut or throw them away. Buy the correct parts shown above for the CGT seeats.
Thanks to everyone on here I acquired the correct parts. Any thoughts to the price I should ask for the 996 gt3 parts?
Thanks,
Dave

Quick Reply: CGT seat part