Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Bucket Seat questions and modifications

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2021 | 01:24 PM
bigmacsmallfries
Rennlist Member

Default Bucket Seat questions and modifications

1. Can the carbon bucket seat be exchanged with any type of 997.1 seat? Any clarification if 997.2 seats will work in this car? Looking for more of a laidback drive, opposite of my GT3 RS.
2. Is there a manufacturer that makes seat inserts with lumbar support for the sport bucket seats? If not, does anyone have a solution that works well?
3. Is there a recliner part for the carbon bucket seats to help tilt them backward like the 991 has?

Thanks! Did a search and it's hard to get clarity on these questions.

Old 01-03-2021 | 01:48 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bigmacsmallfries
1. Can the carbon bucket seat be exchanged with any type of 997.1 seat? Any clarification if 997.2 seats will work in this car? Looking for more of a laidback drive, opposite of my GT3 RS.
2. Is there a manufacturer that makes seat inserts with lumbar support for the sport bucket seats? If not, does anyone have a solution that works well?
3. Is there a recliner part for the carbon bucket seats to help tilt them backward like the 991 has?

Thanks! Did a search and it's hard to get clarity on these questions.
You should be able to fit the sport seats, unsure of electrical connection to allow tilt, etc. It was common to go the other way, from comfort seats to the buckets and it worked fine.

I believe Cantrell motorsports made a bracket for the 997.2 buckets that tilted them back and adjusted:
https://cantrellmotorsport.com/produ...side-mounts-2/

Regarding lumbar support for the buckets, you'd have to have a set of center cushions made, not a hard job for an interior guy.
Old 01-03-2021 | 04:34 PM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

P1 design will do new centers w lumbar.

Fraser red
Old 01-04-2021 | 08:50 PM
bigmacsmallfries
Rennlist Member

Need to look at what P1 offers. Would be nice to have this option.
Old 01-19-2021 | 02:08 AM
bigmacsmallfries
Rennlist Member

Found a solution that works well after experimenting with 4 different types of seat cushions. These are Mkicesky lumbar support pillows and they fit the buckets relatively well. The lumbar support is great, and I no longer feel like I'm sitting too upright either. These are a game changer for anyone that feels the buckets are uncomfortable. I highly recommended these to anyone with the GT2/997.2 GT3 bucket seats, only disappointed I didn't do this years ago.
Amazon Amazon

Quick Reply: Bucket Seat questions and modifications