Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

High quality GT2 RS rear wing tip/blade and side carbon intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2021, 05:56 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 430 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
......Yes, I am aware that the term 'reasonably priced' may seem subjective when we compare to the OEM GT2 RS parts.....
Lol, yes Steve I'm right there with you regarding this sentiment! Ive had my eyes on perhaps getting the rear wing insert, but until we saw the Knight Racer one, everyone wanted about $2k for it. Sorry, but totally not worth it IMHO. Knight Racer seems much more reasonable, but when you click on the button to put it in your cart, nothing happens. Way too small of a market I suppose with only 1,200 or so potential customers. Assuming they are legit, maybe we ought to organize a group buy to get them to produce a small run of these parts. Here is the data on the difference in downforce:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...e-numbers.html

I would think that the adjustable rear wings on some of the newer GT cars can be set to more extreme high vs low settings, so I would not worry about the aero being "compromised" or "misbalanced" without the GT2RS front lip. You are simply dialing in more rear downforce with it. Who's in??
Old 01-09-2021, 08:18 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by mchrono
. Here is the data on the difference in downforce:

I think I got the calculation on the GT2RS wrong in that graph linked to above, GT2 one looks right but the RS looks too high, I'll check the test numbers again.
Old 01-09-2021, 09:23 PM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Received 630 Likes on 323 Posts

I took a good look at the DB Carbon website and now I definitely want a few goodies from them. The prices vary a lot depending on what you're looking at (and sometimes don't make intuitive sense), but overall there are some deals there on things I'd want.

Primarily I want the carbon mirror covers for GT2 (maybe just upper) and the carbon ducts for my GT2's intercooler inlets. Both of these prices seem 'fair' when compared against the OEM equivalents.
Old 01-10-2021, 01:51 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
I took a good look at the DB Carbon website and now I definitely want a few goodies from them. The prices vary a lot depending on what you're looking at (and sometimes don't make intuitive sense), but overall there are some deals there on things I'd want.

Primarily I want the carbon mirror covers for GT2 (maybe just upper) and the carbon ducts for my GT2's intercooler inlets. Both of these prices seem 'fair' when compared against the OEM equivalents.
I have the upper CF mirror covers, they're really nice, fitted them myself and broke a mirror glass

Fortunately replacement is cheap and just pops back in
The following users liked this post:
Steve Theodore (01-11-2021)
Old 01-11-2021, 11:40 AM
bigmacsmallfries
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mchrono
Lol, yes Steve I'm right there with you regarding this sentiment! Ive had my eyes on perhaps getting the rear wing insert, but until we saw the Knight Racer one, everyone wanted about $2k for it. Sorry, but totally not worth it IMHO. Knight Racer seems much more reasonable, but when you click on the button to put it in your cart, nothing happens. Way too small of a market I suppose with only 1,200 or so potential customers. Assuming they are legit, maybe we ought to organize a group buy to get them to produce a small run of these parts. Here is the data on the difference in downforce:

I would think that the adjustable rear wings on some of the newer GT cars can be set to more extreme high vs low settings, so I would not worry about the aero being "compromised" or "misbalanced" without the GT2RS front lip. You are simply dialing in more rear downforce with it. Who's in??
I would be in on this. Someone on here must have done a complete GT2 RS conversion, and along the way figured out which company is providing parts that look indistiguishable from OEM.
Old 01-11-2021, 11:41 AM
bigmacsmallfries
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Also, on my GT3 RS the previous owner ordered an MA Carbon carbon fiber steering wheel with a red stripe at the 12 o'clock. The quality is so high, it's impossible to distinguish the quality from the OEM carbon steering wheel I have on my Panamera Turbo. That company is legit in terms of quality.

Quick Reply: High quality GT2 RS rear wing tip/blade and side carbon intake