Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Drive-by-wire Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2020, 11:33 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 420 Posts
Default Drive-by-wire Question

This past summer when I was living in Seattle I brought my Porsche in to my local dealership, Bellevue Porsche, to have them diagnose my retractable Carrera spoiler I installed. For those who don't know, I basically made my version of a GT3 Touring (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...b-s-2-gt3.html). While my car was there, the shop manager connected their diagnostic computer to my car to scan some things and tried to enable the spoiler to no avail. After I picked up my car, the manager told me when he tried some changes to my ECU and took it for a test drive, the car behaved funny. For example, my FAL would go up and down randomly. He said he reset all the computer settings back to "normal" and everything worked as expected.

However, I noticed a few days later that my gas pedal was no longer as responsive as it was originally. When I tried to heel-toe, sometimes, but no always, the gas pedal wouldn't respond the way it normally would and was not snappy. As I experimented, occasionally I would stab the pedal and there would be about a half second delay before the engine would respond. When I first bought the car, the pedal was very sensitive and responsive. The pedal occasionally behaves this way to this day. Is it possible the dealership did something to change my pedal behavior, or perhaps the previous owner had installed some after-market software to make the pedal more responsive and what I am experiencing is just "normal."

Regardless, I just want my gas pedal to be more responsive and am wondering what my solution might be, if any. Thanks in advance for any advice/help. I searched but couldn't find anything to help. Happy holidays!
Old 12-24-2020, 11:45 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,119 Posts

What does pushing sport button do? Should sharpen it.
Old 12-25-2020, 03:28 AM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 420 Posts

It occurs even with Sport button enabled. It is slight but noticeable.

Originally Posted by Spyerx
What does pushing sport button do? Should sharpen it.
Old 12-25-2020, 01:02 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 318 Posts

How about calling Scott at Softronic and ask what he thinks?

Best,
JB
The following users liked this post:
Busta Rib (12-26-2020)

Quick Reply: Drive-by-wire Question