WTB: .2 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2020, 01:31 PM
Chris Mac
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WTB: .2 GT3

Hello Everyone,

New Guy here, been lurking for quite a while reading and researching. I finally sold My E46 M3 and have truly begun the hunt for a .2 GT3, my first PCar. Have been a BMW, Audi, and originally a VW guy. Next logical step is a Pcar and luckily a GT car is in the cards. Beyond the slim pickings that are out there, wanted to see if any of you have or know anyone who has a car that hasn't hit the market, isn't necessarily on the market, etc. That you may want to part with.

What I am looking for:
2010-2011 997.2 GT3 25k-35kish miles (more driver less art)

Preferred colors:
White, Red, Gray

Secondary Colors:
Silver, Black, anything else

Preferred options:
LWBS (Came OEM or added after does not matter to me)

Secondary:
Everything Else, not incredibly picky on spec a lot are nice to have but coming from a 2005 Competition pack M3 (most bare bones NA M3), I do not need a whole lot to make me happy. Bare bones is fine, highly option is fine. price should and will reflect though.

Modifications that I am cool with:
Wheels, Exhaust, Roll Bars

No Stories, proper maintenance history is a given, things like pinned lines, etc would also be great.

Budget:
Around 100k give or take a few and will depend on spec, mileage, etc.

Let me know what you guys got. and looking forward to getting into one of these machines.
The following 2 users liked this post by Chris Mac:
greymanR (09-17-2020), nle (09-18-2020)
Old 09-17-2020, 02:28 PM
9872SpeedYellowCS
Burning Brakes

Received 449 Likes on 224 Posts

This is the proper type of WTB post.

GOODLUCK
The following users liked this post:
greymanR (09-17-2020)
Old 09-17-2020, 03:38 PM
Chris Mac
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by idk_alex
This is the proper type of WTB post.

GOODLUCK
Thanks, Did some reading of others WTB posts which were not descriptive at all and didnt give anyone anything to go on. haha.
Old 09-17-2020, 10:22 PM
IrwinMFletcher
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 22 Posts

https://www.switchcars.com/cars-for-...orsche-911-gt3

Did you see this one at switchcars?

Mileage is right, color is on your list....
Old 09-18-2020, 09:33 AM
Chris Mac
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by IrwinMFletcher
https://www.switchcars.com/cars-for-...orsche-911-gt3

Did you see this one at switchcars?

Mileage is right, color is on your list....
I have, and have reached out on this car. Color and Spec wise it is lower on my list, but Miles and asking price are a good start.

Thank You.
Old 09-19-2020, 10:00 AM
gerryros
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts

Good luck in your search, just recently completed mine with the help of Switchcars. If you haven’t already, consider broadening your discussion with Doug. I have noted elsewhere on RL that he sold my 997.1 GT3 earlier this year (btw it was never advertised for sale, he just knew I had it, and I got what I paid for it 2.5 years ago) and then he found my 997.2 GT3 - high spec, low mile, all the aftermarket goodies (including 5-lug conversion, PPF, pinned lines, roll bar, center delete, etc), right price - and that car was not advertised for sale either.

Old 09-19-2020, 10:16 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,076 Likes on 2,109 Posts

Originally Posted by gerryros
Good luck in your search, just recently completed mine with the help of Switchcars. If you haven’t already, consider broadening your discussion with Doug. I have noted elsewhere on RL that he sold my 997.1 GT3 earlier this year (btw it was never advertised for sale, he just knew I had it, and I got what I paid for it 2.5 years ago) and then he found my 997.2 GT3 - high spec, low mile, all the aftermarket goodies (including 5-lug conversion, PPF, pinned lines, roll bar, center delete, etc), right price - and that car was not advertised for sale either.
Agree that many of the best cars will not be advertised on the market and transactions will be done off market. The guys that transact these cars often know where the good ones are and can make deals happen, without the typical car buying and selling drama that you have to deal with. It's worth paying a bit of money to have a true professional to work with.
Old 09-21-2020, 11:30 AM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

another tidbit - be flexible. you're not likely to find the perfect car checking all boxes

once you find something you can live with - move on it asap
Old 09-21-2020, 03:02 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,395 Likes on 1,306 Posts

How's this one? Says it was just listed.
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...3460/overview/
Prior listing:
https://www.thomasclassics.com/vehic...oh-id-15404840
VIN: WP0AC2A93AS783177

Last edited by RapidGT; 09-21-2020 at 03:17 PM.
Old 09-21-2020, 04:28 PM
9872SpeedYellowCS
Burning Brakes

Received 449 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnGT

I have to commend you on your formatting, you are always on point!
RapidGT (09-21-2020)
Old 09-22-2020, 08:04 PM
Chris Mac
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Agree that many of the best cars will not be advertised on the market and transactions will be done off market. The guys that transact these cars often know where the good ones are and can make deals happen, without the typical car buying and selling drama that you have to deal with. It's worth paying a bit of money to have a true professional to work with.
This is probably the route I will take. I had a deposit on a car and the PPI left a bit to be desired, so the hunt is probably still on unless something changes with this car.

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
another tidbit - be flexible. you're not likely to find the perfect car checking all boxes

once you find something you can live with - move on it asap

This is great advice.

Originally Posted by JohnGT
This def looks good.

I think at this point im really just stuck on buckets being the 1 box I def need ticked, especially now having driven one with buckets and one without. I also have identified id prefer not to have PCCBs as I do want to do some HPDEs and such and would prefer to start without having to immediately buy new rotors and pads.

Thanks all thus far and those that have reached out to me. Hopefully soon I'll be able to post some pictures of a new to me GT3.

Last edited by Chris Mac; 09-22-2020 at 08:58 PM.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:16 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,076 Likes on 2,109 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Mac
This is probably the route I will take. I had a deposit on a car and the PPI left a bit to be desired, so the hunt is still on.

This is great advice.

This def looks good.

I think at this point im really just stuck on buckets being the 1 box I def need ticked, especially now having driven one with buckets and one without. I also have identified id prefer not to have PCCBs as I do want to do some HPDEs and such and would prefer to start without having to immediately buy new rotors and pads.

Thanks all thus far and those that have reached out to me. Hopefully soon I'll be able to post some pictures of a new to me GT3.
Keep in mind that buckets and PCCB's (going from PCCB's to iron) are two of the easiest things to change. Buckets will be expensive, figure $8k, but it's more like putting $8k into something and knowing you can always get it back when you sell the car. As far as PCCB's, they're still a good option for resale and you can put Girodiscs on the car for $2-2500, which is going to be superior for tracking over the standard iron rotors that come on a GT3.

Just something to consider. I would buy the right car as a base and then improve it over time (buckets for instance). The iron rotors should be swapped on prior to your track day.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:22 PM
Chris Mac
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Keep in mind that buckets and PCCB's (going from PCCB's to iron) are two of the easiest things to change. Buckets will be expensive, figure $8k, but it's more like putting $8k into something and knowing you can always get it back when you sell the car. As far as PCCB's, they're still a good option for resale and you can put Girodiscs on the car for $2-2500, which is going to be superior for tracking over the standard iron rotors that come on a GT3.

Just something to consider. I would buy the right car as a base and then improve it over time (buckets for instance). The iron rotors should be swapped on prior to your track day.
Definitely Valid points, and I wouldnt wfite off an otherwise perfect car just because of it not having buckets or having pccbs.

An example of where my thinking is going,, is the above car listed by switch cars, which is right in my wheelhouse price wise, and from a reputable seller, but black is low on my list of colors I'd prefer, if it had buckets I'd probably be more inclined to get over the color. Or if it was white, gray, or red I'd be less concerned with lack of buckets.

That being said im also ready to wait for the right car as it is a big purchase, a dream car for me and I want to make sure I buy the right car the first time.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:38 PM
my first 911
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Mac
Definitely Valid points, and I wouldnt wfite off an otherwise perfect car just because of it not having buckets or having pccbs.

An example of where my thinking is going,, is the above car listed by switch cars, which is right in my wheelhouse price wise, and from a reputable seller, but black is low on my list of colors I'd prefer, if it had buckets I'd probably be more inclined to get over the color. Or if it was white, gray, or red I'd be less concerned with lack of buckets.

That being said im also ready to wait for the right car as it is a big purchase, a dream car for me and I want to make sure I buy the right car the first time.

I was in the same boat as you and recently and bought a .1 gt3 from Switchcars. Mine has PCCB's as well as buckets and an RS wing. The big thing I was running into that I didn't want to deal with was having the coolant lines pinned. That is a requirement to go to the tracks around here. The one I ended up buying had the lines pinned as well as a LWFW and clutch. My car was completely up to date on maintenance. The other cars I was looking at needed stuff which would have brought my investment to what I paid for this car. I feel like I got the wing and seats for free. I did by steel rotors so I can do a track day this year. As for color about the only thing I didn't want was black. My previous c2s was GT Silver which was a really nice color. The other car I was most serious about was also GT Silver but it needing too much to get to the track. I ended up with white which I was pretty neutral on but it has really grown on me. There is a tread on here about gold wheels which I never would have considered but now it's all I can envision.

Good luck with your search! it will be worth it.
Chris Mac (09-24-2020)
Old 10-01-2020, 02:15 PM
surlynkid
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

There are only about 650 997.2 GT3s in the US, so it isn't like looking for F150s. Good luck

Quick Reply: WTB: .2 GT3