Smog - Sec Air monitor Incomplete

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2020 | 12:08 AM
BrianPaul
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Smog - Sec Air monitor Incomplete

Hey guys

Needing to get my 2007 997 GT3 smogged here in Los Angeles and can’t seem to get the Sec Air readiness monitor completed. All other 7 are completed. I recently had the battery replaced and that’s the reason I need to get all these completed before taking it for a smog. After reading the OBD-ll drive cycle procedure I have done them all but still no luck. From my understanding the simple 2 minute and 10 second idle time is what checks this Sec Air monitor. So not sure where to go from here. Called the dealer and they said they charge $675 for someone to spend the whole day doing all this bs just to get these monitors completed. Any help is appreciated. Im posting the drive cycle procedure for anyone else interested for reference sake. Thanks.

https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...rive-cycle.jpg

Old 07-12-2020 | 12:25 AM
BrianPaul
Intermediate

Looks like I just found some new info I think is relevant. It says the monitor won’t complete just because you do that specific step, ie idle for 2 1/2 minutes for the sec Air monitor. Seems you have to do all steps and now I’m thinking based on the last step, I need to do all this “twice”. What a pain. Driving my car today on the freeway at 20-30 mph for 3 minutes and 15 seconds and then 40-60 for 15 minutes wasn’t easy, even on the 405! And I have to do it twice back to back.

https://m.smogtips.com/OnlineForumQu...Porsche-Boxter
Old 07-12-2020 | 06:29 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 430 Likes on 267 Posts

Have you physically checked the various components of the secondary air system? Vacuum lines are a known culprit. They have been known to pop off or become cracked or brittle causing this problem.
Old 07-13-2020 | 12:23 AM
BrianPaul
Intermediate

Looks like I was able to get it done today. I think the 3 minutes and 15 seconds between 20-30 was what finally put the Sec Air monitor to complete. I must have done it wrong the first time around yesterday.

Quick Reply: Smog - Sec Air monitor Incomplete