Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Question about replacing battery with trickle charge pigtail attached

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 03:00 PM
ymc226
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Question about replacing battery with trickle charge pigtail attached

Old battery in car has CTEK Comfort Connect trickle charge pigtail attached with ends attached to both the negative and positive battery clamps. In removing battery, I first disconnected the negative terminal and also additionally, the negative pole of the CTEK Connect from the negative attachment clamp. I left the positive CTEK Connect wire attached to the positive battery clamp as a single unit.

In replacing with a new battery, do I reattach the red clamp (with (+) CTEK Connect attached), then negative battery clamp, then finally the negative CTEK Connect end? I don’t want to cause a short during the installation.
Old 06-15-2020, 04:42 PM
steve porter
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ymc226
Old battery in car has CTEK Comfort Connect trickle charge pigtail attached with ends attached to both the negative and positive battery clamps. In removing battery, I first disconnected the negative terminal and also additionally, the negative pole of the CTEK Connect from the negative attachment clamp. I left the positive CTEK Connect wire attached to the positive battery clamp as a single unit.

In replacing with a new battery, do I reattach the red clamp (with (+) CTEK Connect attached), then negative battery clamp, then finally the negative CTEK Connect end? I don’t want to cause a short during the installation.
as long as you go + then - it doesn’t matter which way you do the charger cables as they are inactive until connected to the charger