GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2020, 09:52 AM
jgorscak
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 33 Posts
Default GT2RS

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this 2RS for sale in Miami. I do know that its been in this dealership's possession for 2 years now. They even made a Youtube video about the car 7 months ago to aid in selling it. Carfax seems reasonable (attached in ad). I haven't seen its DME but excluding that any thoughts out there? I'm guessing its been for sale for so long due to asking price (or maybe terrible DME). I believe they have been lowering it progressively over the last 2 years.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
Old 05-15-2020, 12:09 PM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jgorscak
Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this 2RS for sale in Miami. I do know that its been in this dealership's possession for 2 years now. They even made a Youtube video about the car 7 months ago to aid in selling it. Carfax seems reasonable (attached in ad). I haven't seen its DME but excluding that any thoughts out there? I'm guessing its been for sale for so long due to asking price (or maybe terrible DME). I believe they have been lowering it progressively over the last 2 years.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
I don't know about this car in particular, but 997 gt2, and especially gt2 rs don't really sell well, having a car on the lot for years is not really uncommon, in Europe I've seen clean clubsports gt2 that took +2years and massive price cuts to sell, gt2 rs has the problematic of having totally unrealistic prices and the fact the gt2 is 5k-10k away of being 90% of what an gt2 rs and even better at some specific points for much less, and still 'rare' enough.
DME will have over revs like literally any mezger turbo engine, from the 996 turbo to the gt2 rs.
Old 05-15-2020, 03:21 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Don’t know about this specifically, but I’m in South Florida and if you’d like I can put my eyes on it, before we do a full PPi which would obviously include PIWIS read outs.

Please let me know.
Old 05-15-2020, 04:04 PM
jgorscak
Rennlist Member

Default 2RS

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
Don’t know about this specifically, but I’m in South Florida and if you’d like I can put my eyes on it, before we do a full PPi which would obviously include PIWIS read outs.

Please let me know.
Thank you. I'm going to look at it tomorrow and if it passes my initial inspection I may be in touch.
Old 05-15-2020, 04:15 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,102 Likes on 546 Posts

2rs is definitely a hard one to value imo. Obviously, they are super rare, crazy capable and unique driving experience. I guess you can somewhat use a 997 4.0 as a “value proxy? They seemed crazy under-valued vs a 4.0 for a long-time, then actually shot over them BRIEFLY a few years ago, but I guess are now settling just below 4.0’s........idk? On paper, seems like the 2rs should win that competition by most measures, especially based on what porsche has produced since those two “send-offs” came out (what close-alternative driving experiences exist). That being said, I sold the 2rs and kept a 4.0. Similar to the 4.0, I think the extra shove a 2rs has vs gen1 gt2 is the least of what makes it a better car. I’m not a turbo guy, but if I was, 2rs would be at top of my short list to still own.

i have nothing to add on this specific 2rs. I love them in black (and even with the crazy red interior on the black cars). Let us know if this one checks out for you. Such a unique beast-of-a-car! Good luck!

My post was of ZERO help to the OP other than to encourage him to pull the trigger on one. It is one of those cars I’m glad I owned/experienced at one point.
Old 05-15-2020, 07:49 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 430 Likes on 267 Posts

good reference although they dont seem to consistently include the buyer's premium in the final prices

https://www.classic.com/search?q=2011%20GT2%20RS
Old 05-15-2020, 08:10 PM
jgorscak
Rennlist Member

^ Great info in that link thank you. I posted this not so much to inquire about price but to see if anyone knew the specific car listed. Thank you though.
Old 05-15-2020, 09:43 PM
ForeverCar
Burning Brakes

Received 454 Likes on 199 Posts

Looks nice!
Old 05-15-2020, 11:25 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jgorscak
Thank you. I'm going to look at it tomorrow and if it passes my initial inspection I may be in touch.
Cool. Let me know how I can help.
Old 05-16-2020, 02:47 PM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Received 630 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by mchrono
good reference although they dont seem to consistently include the buyer's premium in the final prices

https://www.classic.com/search?q=2011%20GT2%20RS
Thanks for that link...I had not seen that before and it looks pretty useful.

Quick Reply: GT2RS