Butzi Gear - Contact Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 01:30 PM
Oliver Smith
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Butzi Gear - Contact Help

Guys,

I need to request your help from the other side of the pond please - I'm UK based.

I've ordered some parts (BBS centre caps) from David Esposito @ Butzi Gear. I've sent the money (500 USD) via paypal friends & family at their request as I felt okay that Butzi were a known quantity and quite visible on social media etc.

Communication between me and Butzi was excellent during the order process. I sent the 500 bucks on 27.04, and have heard nothing since despite me asking for an order update multiple times via email, and today on Facebook.

I'm now worried.

I can see from various social media platforms that they're still active but for some reason are choosing to ignore me since I paid them.

If anyone knows them or the owner, can they have a word? I'm now feeling like I might have had my leg lifted for 500 bucks which whilst not a fortune, is not an insignificant sum.

Any help you guys can offer a fellow GT3 enthusiast in a different part of the world, would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Ollie

Old 05-11-2020, 01:37 PM
CT944
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 110 Posts

Did you call the shop?
Old 05-11-2020, 02:32 PM
Oliver Smith
Advanced

Originally Posted by CT944
Did you call the shop?
Not until today, but have now - no response.

I haven't called previously as all contact has been via email, which I guess if fairly normal given I'm a few thousand miles away.

Do you know the shop/owner?
Old 05-11-2020, 03:35 PM
CT944
Drifting

I think calling is always best. It's a small boutique repair shop and he does most of the work himself, so I'd give him a call a few more times this week and that should get you a reply. I have had lots of work done there, he takes his time, but always churns out a great result.
Old 05-11-2020, 05:13 PM
Oliver Smith
Advanced

I think calling is always best. It's a small boutique repair shop and he does most of the work himself, so I'd give him a call a few more times this week and that should get you a reply. I have had lots of work done there, he takes his time, but always churns out a great result.
Thank you, I'll call again tomorrow.

If you happen to speak to him could you direct him towards this thread?

Nevertheless, taking someone's money then choosing to ignore them for 2 weeks straight is not good.
Old 05-11-2020, 05:25 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 666 Posts

holy mackerel ... I can't quite get past the fact that a set of BBS center caps run $500USD (hopefully there is more on that invoice list)

I need a new job
The following users liked this post:
pissedpuppy (05-13-2020)
Old 05-11-2020, 05:56 PM
CT944
Drifting

Apologies, but I am really not looking to get involved. All I can tell you is I have had great experiences with him and he is a stand-up guy. I think calling will be your best route, that's always how I reach him.
Old 05-11-2020, 06:05 PM
Oliver Smith
Advanced

Apologies, but I am really not looking to get involved. All I can tell you is I have had great experiences with him and he is a stand-up guy. I think calling will be your best route, that's always how I reach him.
I get it, no problem.

He's very clearly not a stand up guy however - I understand that running a small business is challenging (I do so myself) but 2 x weeks with no contact post payment? Come on... there's simply zero excuse.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:17 PM
BUTZI996TT
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Oliver Smith
I get it, no problem.

He's very clearly not a stand up guy however - I understand that running a small business is challenging (I do so myself) but 2 x weeks with no contact post payment? Come on... there's simply zero excuse.
Hi Oliver, I apologize for the delays in communication. I responded to client emails today, yours included. While I strive to provide my clients near 24/7 access to knowledge & support via email, text, messenger, email, etc, I also must admit that I do fall short at times. I ALWAYS have my clients best interest in mind and do all that I can to service my clientele around the globe. It is overwhelming at times, but I do care and I am doing my best. Your parts have shipped. Please refer to your email and enjoy your custom goods.

PS: My contact info is on my Instagram, Facebook, Google page, website (both of them). Shop phone 203-713-8089 Shop Hours Tues - Fri 10-6pm.

Cheers,

David Esposito
owner/operator
Butzi Gear LLC
The Porsche Shop
Milford, CT
The following 4 users liked this post by BUTZI996TT:
greymanR (05-12-2020), hardrs (05-12-2020), RAudi Driver (05-12-2020), Zeus993 (05-13-2020)
Old 05-12-2020, 12:40 AM
greymanR
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems like a stand up guy👍
Old 05-12-2020, 02:47 AM
Oliver Smith
Advanced

Originally Posted by BUTZI996TT
Hi Oliver, I apologize for the delays in communication. I responded to client emails today, yours included. While I strive to provide my clients near 24/7 access to knowledge & support via email, text, messenger, email, etc, I also must admit that I do fall short at times. I ALWAYS have my clients best interest in mind and do all that I can to service my clientele around the globe. It is overwhelming at times, but I do care and I am doing my best. Your parts have shipped. Please refer to your email and enjoy your custom goods.

PS: My contact info is on my Instagram, Facebook, Google page, website (both of them). Shop phone 203-713-8089 Shop Hours Tues - Fri 10-6pm.

Cheers,

David Esposito
owner/operator
Butzi Gear LLC
The Porsche Shop
Milford, CT
Hi David,

Got your email & the tracking details - thank you.

Appreciate your comments and I'm not unsympathetic or unfamiliar to the challenges of running a small business or even one that's understaffed at times.

However when dealing with people (particularly internationally when dropping by your shop isn't possible), you need to make it very clear when setting expectations for contact response times. Perhaps set an automatic response from your email when you're struggling that states that response times are longer than normal etc. If you're in receipt of payments from customers, and then simply go dark for over 2 weeks whilst customers seek to make contact repeatedly it's going to get people concerned.

Anyway, thanks for sending the parts - all worked out in the end.

Cheers

Ollie
The following users liked this post:
Zeus993 (05-13-2020)
Old 05-12-2020, 09:54 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,906 Likes on 1,721 Posts

Originally Posted by Oliver Smith

However when dealing with people (particularly internationally when dropping by your shop isn't possible), you need to make it very clear when setting expectations for contact response times. Perhaps set an automatic response from your email when you're struggling that states that response times are longer than normal etc. If you're in receipt of payments from customers, and then simply go dark for over 2 weeks whilst customers seek to make contact repeatedly it's going to get people concerned.
During these times does one really need to state that response times are going to be longer than normal? Also, have you ever ordered something from Alibaba? Talk about a wait time. Anywhoo, no need to reprimand another member. He's not your child.
The following 2 users liked this post by RAudi Driver:
greymanR (05-12-2020), pissedpuppy (05-13-2020)
Old 05-13-2020, 03:35 AM
Oliver Smith
Advanced

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
During these times does one really need to state that response times are going to be longer than normal? Also, have you ever ordered something from Alibaba? Talk about a wait time. Anywhoo, no need to reprimand another member. He's not your child.
You're confusing response time post receipt of a significant sum from a customer, with a lead time from a wholesaler in China.

In business 2 weeks with no contact post payment is not acceptable or expected, no.

I don't even know where to begin with your last comment, constructive feedback from customers is important.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:26 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,906 Likes on 1,721 Posts

I understand where you're coming from and I get being worried about the wait. It's just after the vendor chimed in with his apology and even took responsibility for his shortcoming, you kinda proceeded to treat him like a child by using the words, "You need to" then explaining ways that he could go about achieving this. Just jump in his shoes for a second and think how that comes across. It's doesn't make one happy hearing that from someone they really don't know.

My stock is down, my cars are clean and I'm a bit bored so if I offended you,I apologize. It's my last intent. Just think, especially during these times, this place should be a place where we can come and have a few minutes of stress free enjoyment, without feeling attacked.

Have a great day and remember to support Rennlist.
The following 3 users liked this post by RAudi Driver:
CT944 (05-13-2020), greymanR (05-13-2020), JAM2 (06-28-2020)

Quick Reply: Butzi Gear - Contact Help