Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Anyone familair with this GT2?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2020, 04:44 AM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Received 584 Likes on 326 Posts
Default Anyone familair with this GT2?

Looks to be a BBI built Alky meth injected ball bearing GT-32 (Garrett I would assume) Full turbo build. Wasn't really looking for so many after market modifications but the car certainly looks beautiful and the price is certainly on the very low end of GT2's. If I was serious a call to BBI would certainly be in order but right now just window shopping and giving it some thought as I look at the GT2 market so wanted to ask you guys for your thoughts. EDIT: Feel free to comment but after thinking it over a bit I know I am not interested in a car this highly modified...not surprisingly this car is the cheapest GT2 for sale in America right now.
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Last edited by usrodeo4; 02-22-2020 at 05:24 AM.
Old 02-22-2020, 10:42 AM
osu s2k
Rennlist Member

Received 195 Likes on 104 Posts

I’ve had a GT two and still follow the market fairly closely, depends what you want it for , If you like yellow if you wanna crazy driver, Might be worth getting into, however, I am a collector and would not deviate too much from stock If I want to maintain my long-term value, plus yellow is a tougher sell then let’s say black or white, it’s still priced high,

I think the differential in asking and selling prices on GT twos is very very steep… The other factor Is that most collectors that are in the 997 market gravitate toward Gt3s and this car in some sense Has to compete with all of the newer 991 GT cars. . It’s definitely a dilemma where you can buy a 2018 GT three manual for the same money, warranty, newer equipment, fantastic engine and transmission and chassis

I recently bought a 997.1 GT three RS for the same money as a newer 991 GT three manual

I did not feel that my GT two was quite as track focused nor the best drive tRain for track usage, it’s just an unbelievable 997 turbo with more power and a more fun suspension for street use,

Plus, it’s rarity is cool and may make for a better value down the road but I’ve hit that age where the only person that’s going to appreciate the appreciation of my cars will be my son

if I was in the market I would look away from this one .....and don’t be scared of a lowball offer because I don’t think these cars are trading hands quickly unless you’re talking to 2009s (18 in usa).

The following users liked this post:
usrodeo4 (02-22-2020)
Old 02-22-2020, 10:48 AM
CT944
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 110 Posts

I have an '08 GT2 with 16k miles that I'd consider selling if interested.

Old 02-22-2020, 12:44 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by osu s2k
I’ve had a GT two and still follow the market fairly closely, depends what you want it for , If you like yellow if you wanna crazy driver, Might be worth getting into, however, I am a collector and would not deviate too much from stock If I want to maintain my long-term value, plus yellow is a tougher sell then let’s say black or white, it’s still priced high,

I think the differential in asking and selling prices on GT twos is very very steep… The other factor Is that most collectors that are in the 997 market gravitate toward Gt3s and this car in some sense Has to compete with all of the newer 991 GT cars. . It’s definitely a dilemma where you can buy a 2018 GT three manual for the same money, warranty, newer equipment, fantastic engine and transmission and chassis

I recently bought a 997.1 GT three RS for the same money as a newer 991 GT three manual

I did not feel that my GT two was quite as track focused nor the best drive tRain for track usage, it’s just an unbelievable 997 turbo with more power and a more fun suspension for street use,

Plus, it’s rarity is cool and may make for a better value down the road but I’ve hit that age where the only person that’s going to appreciate the appreciation of my cars will be my son

if I was in the market I would look away from this one .....and don’t be scared of a lowball offer because I don’t think these cars are trading hands quickly unless you’re talking to 2009s (18 in usa).
I can't disagree with anything you said there...especially the comment about the boy getting the appreciation, lol, I am kinda thinking the same thing, but as we got married late my boy is only 21 and a Jr. in Engineering College so I do not think he would mind a P GT car in his inheritance, haha. Again thanks for your comments, your P car GT wisdom is appreciated. Oh and no I am not a yellow GT car guy at all, so there is also that.
Old 02-22-2020, 12:50 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CT944

She is a beaut...is that black or blue? I am still just window shopping and getting a feel for the market but right now I think I would prefer GR or GT Silver but have not really even settled on which model or Gen...I think half the fun is just enjoying the hunt.
Old 02-22-2020, 11:21 PM
ForeverCar
Burning Brakes

Received 454 Likes on 199 Posts

CT944, your car looks amazing. Are you the original owner?
Old 02-23-2020, 12:31 AM
osu s2k
Rennlist Member

Received 195 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by CT944

the stance on gt2 is perfection

this is a well cared for example!
Old 02-23-2020, 09:17 AM
CT944
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 110 Posts

Thanks. Just testing waters, but it’s midnight blue metallic. I also noticed the spider web on front wheel of the garage pic 😎
Old 02-23-2020, 06:43 PM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Received 629 Likes on 322 Posts

I'm baffled how anyone could bring themselves to sell a 997.1 GT2 unless they could no longer operate a manual transmission (physically), or they were downsizing their collection. They are superb cars, and sensationally rare. It shocks me that they don't have the reception of the GT3 models despite being much more rare. There are more Carrera GTs than 997.1 GT2s worldwide! I do not know anything about they yellow example except I would suggest it may be over-modified to be a fun driver at this point. I don't know that for a fact, but can tell you that a lot of guys do not enjoy driving them that far past stock.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:09 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 425 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
I'm baffled how anyone could bring themselves to sell a 997.1 GT2 unless they could no longer operate a manual transmission (physically), or they were downsizing their collection. They are superb cars, and sensationally rare. It shocks me that they don't have the reception of the GT3 models despite being much more rare. There are more Carrera GTs than 997.1 GT2s worldwide!......
Part of it may be that the GT3 is a much more widely known model, especially during the last several years. I was just at a PCA DE and another participant asked what the difference between a GT2 and a GT3 was. My one word answer was "turbos". He immediately smiled and nodded with a "hot dam" sort of look on his face.

Marketing suggestion - rename it the "GT3 Turbo"

Quick Reply: Anyone familair with this GT2?