Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Akrapovic Muffler Flange Exhaust Leak

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 09:41 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,191 Likes on 702 Posts
Default Akrapovic Muffler Flange Exhaust Leak

Looking for some advice - I'm swapping out my center muffler for the Akrapovic Slip On but when I put everything back together with the TPC side muffler deletes - I am encountering the exhaust leaking. This seems to be the same set up as stock - in terms of a non flared pipe with a graphite donut gasket seal. Anyone have any ideas?

Name:  qfKbNOE.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  102.3 KB
Old 04-06-2019, 09:55 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,191 Likes on 702 Posts

It is leaking where the donut gasket slides onto the straight pipes where it connects at muffler. I don't understand how this is supposed to seal?

Old 04-07-2019, 04:21 AM
LateBraking
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I had a Akra center muffler on a TPC side delete before. Are you using the gaskets that Akra provides? I was initially, and their gaskets seem to not be as tight tolerance as OEM. My installer told me I was having this issue, I came back a week later with brand new OEM Porsche gaskets, he swapped them out, checked for leaks again, seemed to go away. All was well until the muffler was destroyed a few weeks later due to unfortunate circumstances out of my control.

Originally Posted by AdamSanta85
It is leaking where the donut gasket slides onto the straight pipes where it connects at muffler. I don't understand how this is supposed to seal?

Old 04-08-2019, 01:48 AM
erikerik
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 42 Posts

Those donut gaskets crack and damage easily when you remove the stock muffler. Better to swap them out for new OE ones. Pricey.

Quick Reply: Akrapovic Muffler Flange Exhaust Leak