Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

BACK in the saddle.....AGAIN!

 
Old 03-22-2019, 08:34 PM
  #1  
DJN
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
DJN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 664
Default BACK in the saddle.....AGAIN!

Hello Everyone,

I have been poking in and out of this forum since 2013 when I sold my much loved GT Silver 2010 GT3.
Long time 997 GT2/GT3 Rennlisters will remember that I was the guy who pioneered the Centerlock to 5 Lug conversion. See sticky above!

Well, I just purchased another 2010 GT3 last week......so I am now "back in the saddle" for good!
After a year of searching I found this car (see below).......Yep, I plan to track it some more, I have already done two track days and added 1200miles. LOVE IT!

My first mod will be, of course, a 5 lug conversion with Forgeline GA3R's, and likely a four wheel brake upgrade (Stoptech Trophy).

Best regards,
Doug N

Basalt Black 2010 GT3 - 21,000 miles


- RS single mass flywheel.
- ARP safety wired camshaft actuator bolts.
- Welded coolant pipes with Sharkwerks metal coolant elbows
- Stock mufflers and cats
- GIAC software
- RS Final drive
- Guard LSD upgrade. 50/80
- RS 4.0L clutch
- Front Mono Ball inner control arm bushings
- Adjustable Front Thrust Arm/Caster bushings
- Adjustable Rear Toe Arms with locking plates
- Stock brakes with "crappy track" pads
- GMG RSR harness bar
- OEM Leather GT2 Carbon Fiber Sport Bucket seats
- OEM Late model RS Sport Steering wheels with Rennline Aluminum Pedal Set and Dead Pedal
- Clear film on front end - Full bumper, full fenders, Full hood, and mirrors

DJN is offline  
Old 03-22-2019, 08:46 PM
  #2  
bmwtye
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
bmwtye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,327
Default

Welcome back. Good to see one of the OGs back in the game.
bmwtye is offline  
Old 03-22-2019, 10:08 PM
  #3  
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
mooty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: san francisco
Posts: 38,316
Default

no five lug...
pls show yourself to the door....
mooty is offline  
Old 03-23-2019, 07:32 AM
  #4  
tasman
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
tasman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 3,173
Default

Good to have you back
tasman is offline  
Old 03-23-2019, 08:36 AM
  #5  
CT944
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
CT944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Stratford, CT
Posts: 1,710
Default

Awesome, congrats!
CT944 is offline  
Old 03-23-2019, 11:24 AM
  #6  
cavlino
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,263
Default

Congrats Doug! You knew you would be back eventually :-)
cavlino is offline  
Old 03-23-2019, 12:49 PM
  #7  
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
MJSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: South Florida
Posts: 5,252
Default

Originally Posted by DJN View Post
Hello Everyone,

I have been poking in and out of this forum since 2013 when I sold my much loved GT Silver 2010 GT3.
Long time 997 GT2/GT3 Rennlisters will remember that I was the guy who pioneered the Centerlock to 5 Lug conversion. See sticky above!

Well, I just purchased another 2010 GT3 last week......so I am now "back in the saddle" for good!
After a year of searching I found this car (see below).......Yep, I plan to track it some more, I have already done two track days and added 1200miles. LOVE IT!

My first mod will be, of course, a 5 lug conversion with Forgeline GA3R's, and likely a four wheel brake upgrade (Stoptech Trophy).

Best regards,
Doug N

Basalt Black 2010 GT3 - 21,000 miles


- RS single mass flywheel.
- ARP safety wired camshaft actuator bolts.
- Welded coolant pipes with Sharkwerks metal coolant elbows
- Stock mufflers and cats
- GIAC software
- RS Final drive
- Guard LSD upgrade. 50/80
- RS 4.0L clutch
- Front Mono Ball inner control arm bushings
- Adjustable Front Thrust Arm/Caster bushings
- Adjustable Rear Toe Arms with locking plates
- Stock brakes with "crappy track" pads
- GMG RSR harness bar
- OEM Leather GT2 Carbon Fiber Sport Bucket seats
- OEM Late model RS Sport Steering wheels with Rennline Aluminum Pedal Set and Dead Pedal
- Clear film on front end - Full bumper, full fenders, Full hood, and mirrors

Good on you brother! Enjoy in good health.
MJSpeed is offline  
Old 03-23-2019, 07:04 PM
  #8  
ranger22
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
ranger22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tejas
Posts: 935
Default

Nice catch! That car is modded wisely, modded similar to mine but I've already gone to 5-lug. Welcome back to the fold and enjoy that new car!
ranger22 is online now  
Old 03-23-2019, 07:34 PM
  #9  
masti99
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 840
Default

Congrats, enjoy in good health!
masti99 is offline  
Old 03-23-2019, 10:32 PM
  #10  
usctrojanGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
usctrojanGT3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 10,023
Default

Nice pick up Doug, looks like a great car. Let the modding begin.
usctrojanGT3 is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 01:18 PM
  #11  
DJN
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
DJN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 664
Default

Originally Posted by bmwtye View Post
Welcome back. Good to see one of the OGs back in the game.
Thanks Tye! Hey, I'm not THAT old!

Originally Posted by mooty View Post
no five lug...
pls show yourself to the door....
Oh you Funny....you haven't paid up (with lunch and BEER) for 5 lug consulting!

Originally Posted by tasman View Post
Good to have you back
Excellent thank you! It feels GREAT!

Originally Posted by CT944 View Post
Awesome, congrats!
Much appreciated Sir, I love it!
DJN is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 01:20 PM
  #12  
DJN
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
DJN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 664
Default

Originally Posted by cavlino View Post
Congrats Doug! You knew you would be back eventually :-)
Thank you Carm.....yep, I'm predictable, and know a good thing when I see it! Are you still in?
DJN is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 01:45 PM
  #13  
DJN
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
DJN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 664
Default

Originally Posted by MJSpeed View Post
Good on you brother! Enjoy in good health.
Will do Sir, thank you!

Originally Posted by ranger22 View Post
Nice catch! That car is modded wisely, modded similar to mine but I've already gone to 5-lug. Welcome back to the fold and enjoy that new car!
Much appreciated! I was looking for a while, and I could not believe all of the excellent and necessary mods on this car.....yep, five-lugs-a-comin' !

Originally Posted by masti99 View Post
Congrats, enjoy in good health!
Yes Sir!

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3 View Post
Nice pick up Doug, looks like a great car. Let the modding begin.
Thanks! Indeed there is still lots for me to do! Which adds to the fun!


DJN is offline  
Old 03-25-2019, 01:48 PM
  #14  
Jrtaylor9
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London / NYC
Posts: 2,023
Default

Welcome back.
Jrtaylor9 is offline  
Old 03-27-2019, 08:15 PM
  #15  
cavlino
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,263
Default

Originally Posted by DJN View Post
Thank you Carm.....yep, I'm predictable, and know a good thing when I see it! Are you still in?
I was until last week, back to the drawing board sort of speak... Let just say I will be paying close attention to your 2nd round of 5 wheel lug conversion posts that I hope you will be keeping us posted on.
cavlino is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: