Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

HYTORC Centerlock Wheel Torque gun

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2022, 09:51 AM
tshih
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default New Hytorc tool Costs $4995

The price from Obsessed garage is $4995, but I will wait for a sale before getting it.
Old 01-21-2022, 11:18 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,040 Likes on 660 Posts

They had the original version at the 2018 PCA Parade in French Lick IN. It was very cool to demo test it.

Worked great but at the time I was also not too keen on replacing my original nuts (Btw I like that I can rebuild the OEM nuts, including the flat ring inside if needed. That is the part that gets the most abuse, so you guys should always be keeping an eye on that piece. Pop it out & clean it fully for inspection EVERY time you decide to add moly grease. If its going bad, you'll see black surface degradation on its face if it needs replacing).

Now that it has the delrin reaction arm, I am very much more inclined to get one. BUT, $5k is too steep for me. Outside of a Holiday special discount, I'll wait years for them to recover their R&D costs, and lower the price.

Last edited by bweSteve; 01-21-2022 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-21-2022, 06:02 PM
ky_gt3
Instructor

Received 92 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
They had the original version at the 2018 PCA Parade in French Lick IN. It was very cool to demo test it.

Worked great but at the time I was also not too keen on replacing my original nuts (Btw I like that I can rebuild the OEM nuts, including the flat ring inside if needed. That is the part that gets the most abuse, so you guys should always be keeping an eye on that piece. Pop it out & clean it fully for inspection EVERY time you decide to add moly grease. If its going bad, you'll see black surface degradation on its face if it needs replacing).

Now that it has the delrin reaction arm, I am very much more inclined to get one. BUT, $5k is too steep for me. Outside of a Holiday special discount, I'll wait years for them to recover their R&D costs, and lower the price.
Funny you mention that, I actually jut picked up an new set of centerlocks so I can take my old ones off and rebuild them.

Agreed it's a bit steep in price, not sure if or when it will get discounted since the HYTORC gun itself has been available for purchase some time now. There's definitely ways around the $5K price. You can pick up the same 18V HYTORC LION Gun for just under $3K, but you'd have to source your own reaction arm and set up the sequencing or go without it and just manually toggle between loosening and tightening (not really the end of the world).

Quick Reply: HYTORC Centerlock Wheel Torque gun