Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Where to buy Cup Lip?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 10:49 PM
boostedt0y
Banned

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by smq42
Is the clearance on the cup lip better (i.e. taller) than the regular GT3 lip?

part numbers for both please
cup lip has less clearance than regular gt3 lip but is more flexible so less prone to cracking
Old 11-27-2018, 02:24 AM
ngng
Drifting

Received 311 Likes on 190 Posts

you destroyed your lip? tell me more lol

Old 11-27-2018, 10:25 AM
gt2-josh
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Wow! That nearly happened to me. My spoiler touched ground went under the car and the tire touched it. The other side of the spoiler was stubborn and I saw a bit of this type of damage.

I think I've purchased spoiler lips from the majority of the vendors mentioned in the posts. My last bit of advice is to think long term. $20 is not enough to prevent me from working with one or two vendors and developing a good working relationship with sales, service and techs over the years. Ultimately I'd say buy from the vendor you'd like to work with long term as opposed to the least expensive. JBO
Old 11-27-2018, 11:05 AM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by gt2-josh
Rhonda / FVD are the best! Service sourcing packing shipping advice and access to any part I need for any project. The service I've received at FVD has truly been outstanding. Josh
Thanks for the kind words Josh! We do our very best to accommodate Rennlist Members.

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Want to learn more about us? Click here...

Old 11-27-2018, 11:53 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,055 Likes on 669 Posts

Originally Posted by gt2-josh
Rhonda / FVD are the best! Service sourcing packing shipping advice and access to any part I need for any project. The service I've received at FVD has truly been outstanding. Josh
Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
Thanks for the kind words Josh! We do our very best to accommodate Rennlist Members.
Agree 1000% on this.

And I'll go even one step further on how great FVD is...

About a month ago, my 964 Turbo was in the shop with motor out ($12k worth of pre-emptive replacements on sensors, belts, seals, o-rings, etc etc),... and we noticed the wear on my suspension Spring Plates (those are way up under the front-side of motor & are difficult to keep an eye on over the years),... anyway, Rhonda was out on vacation for the week, and I really needed their Spring Plate set quickly. Alizee connected me with Alex benM over in Germany, and Alex literally TOOK CARE OF ME on a Friday morning East Coast time, and had the parts shipped out of their Miami warehouse THAT SAME DAY!! ... I received them early the next week. AND Alex was perfectly willing to extend the same RL discount that Rhonda provides, even as he was entering my order from overseas. Keep in mind, 6hrs difference, it was almost Friday evening for Alex in Germany. I could hear his kids playing in the background before their dinner. I thanked him so many times for taking the time to take care of me. He had great praise for Rhonda and their US team. Just goes to show how deep their customer commitment runs within FVD.

Rhonda, you and your team are phenomenal. Keep up the great work.
=Steve
Old 11-27-2018, 12:31 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by bweSteve
Agree 1000% on this.

About a month ago, my 964 Turbo was in the shop with motor out ($12k worth of pre-emptive replacements on sensors, belts, seals, o-rings, etc etc),... and we noticed the wear on my suspension Spring Plates (those are way up under the front-side of motor & are difficult to keep an eye on over the years),... anyway, Rhonda was out on vacation for the week, and I really needed their Spring Plate set quickly. Alizee connected me with Alex benM over in Germany, and Alex literally TOOK CARE OF ME on a Friday morning East Coast time, and had the parts shipped out of their Miami warehouse THAT SAME DAY!! ... I received them early the next week. AND Alex was perfectly willing to extend the same RL discount that Rhonda provides, even as he was entering my order from overseas. Keep in mind, 6hrs difference, it was almost Friday evening for Alex in Germany. I could hear his kids playing in the background before their dinner. I thanked him so many times for taking the time to take care of me. He had great praise for Rhonda and their US team. Just goes to show how deep their customer commitment runs within FVD.

=Steve
Thanks so much Steve! I will pass that along to Alex.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:39 PM
voodoo
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by bweSteve
Agree 1000% on this.

=Steve
What a great community we have.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:04 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by smq42
Is the clearance on the cup lip better (i.e. taller) than the regular GT3 lip?

part numbers for both please
997 505 557 92 for the cup version
Old 11-27-2018, 01:25 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Astrix
Can someone share the OEM part # for this please?
997.2 GT3 Cup Lip - Part # 997 505 557 92 - Link to our site...

997.1 GT3 Cup Lip - Without Air Ducts - Part # 997 505 983 90 - Link to our site...

997.1 GT3 Cup Lip - With Air Ducts – Part # 997 505 983 91 - Link to our site...

Old 11-27-2018, 04:00 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 492 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by WantA997
Carnewal?
This - buy them 3 at a time and the freight is the same whether you buy 1, 2, or 3. Good price too
Old 11-27-2018, 04:05 PM
tcracing
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have two Cup lips and one OEM. One of the Cups is like new, no marks, the other has a few scratches. Look up post on this and make me an offer.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:19 PM
Astrix
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
997.2 GT3 Cup Lip - Part # 997 505 557 92 - Link to our site...

997.1 GT3 Cup Lip - Without Air Ducts - Part # 997 505 983 90 - Link to our site...

997.1 GT3 Cup Lip - With Air Ducts – Part # 997 505 983 91 - Link to our site...

Thank you!

For those who track, whats the go to? With or without ducts?
cheers
Old 11-28-2018, 05:47 AM
Gert
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Astrix
For those who track, whats the go to? With or without ducts?
cheers
Short track : with brake ducts : better brake cooling
Long track : no brake ducts : more downforce
Old 11-28-2018, 11:41 PM
Astrix
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Gert
Short track : with brake ducts : better brake cooling
Long track : no brake ducts : more downforce
Nice answer, thank you Gert!
Old 11-29-2018, 12:16 AM
SFN1TB
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just placed my order on a new cup lip with Rhonda@FVD. Received a Rennlist discount and after enquiring about the cost of shipping Rhonda did some research and discovered the dimensions were skewed, which once corrected cut the shipping price in half. First time doing business with this company, but will happily return as a customer.

Quick Reply: Where to buy Cup Lip?