Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Where to buy Cup Lip?

 
Old 11-26-2018, 10:49 PM
  #16  
boostedt0y
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
boostedt0y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 430
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by smq42 View Post
Is the clearance on the cup lip better (i.e. taller) than the regular GT3 lip?

part numbers for both please
cup lip has less clearance than regular gt3 lip but is more flexible so less prone to cracking
boostedt0y is offline  
Old 11-27-2018, 02:24 AM
  #17  
ngng
User
 
ngng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,296
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

you destroyed your lip? tell me more lol


ngng is offline  
Old 11-27-2018, 10:25 AM
  #18  
gt2-josh
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,403
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Wow! That nearly happened to me. My spoiler touched ground went under the car and the tire touched it. The other side of the spoiler was stubborn and I saw a bit of this type of damage.

I think I've purchased spoiler lips from the majority of the vendors mentioned in the posts. My last bit of advice is to think long term. $20 is not enough to prevent me from working with one or two vendors and developing a good working relationship with sales, service and techs over the years. Ultimately I'd say buy from the vendor you'd like to work with long term as opposed to the least expensive. JBO
gt2-josh is offline  
Old 11-27-2018, 11:05 AM
  #19  
[email protected]
Addict
Rennlist Member


Rennlist
Site Sponsor
 
Rhonda@FVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 636
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gt2-josh View Post
Rhonda / FVD are the best! Service sourcing packing shipping advice and access to any part I need for any project. The service I've received at FVD has truly been outstanding. Josh
Thanks for the kind words Josh! We do our very best to accommodate Rennlist Members.
__________________
__________________
FVD Brombacher - USA

Rhonda Roxburgh
Phone: 954-571-2050 x 1
Email: [email protected]

Visit the WORLDS LARGEST Porsche Online Shop at www.fvd.net for over 45,000 parts!!

Rhonda@FVD is offline  
Old 11-27-2018, 11:53 AM
  #20  
bweSteve
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
bweSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Baltimore Maryland
Posts: 1,995
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gt2-josh View Post
Rhonda / FVD are the best! Service sourcing packing shipping advice and access to any part I need for any project. The service I've received at FVD has truly been outstanding. Josh
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Thanks for the kind words Josh! We do our very best to accommodate Rennlist Members.
Agree 1000% on this.

And I'll go even one step further on how great FVD is...

About a month ago, my 964 Turbo was in the shop with motor out ($12k worth of pre-emptive replacements on sensors, belts, seals, o-rings, etc etc),... and we noticed the wear on my suspension Spring Plates (those are way up under the front-side of motor & are difficult to keep an eye on over the years),... anyway, Rhonda was out on vacation for the week, and I really needed their Spring Plate set quickly. Alizee connected me with Alex benM over in Germany, and Alex literally TOOK CARE OF ME on a Friday morning East Coast time, and had the parts shipped out of their Miami warehouse THAT SAME DAY!! ... I received them early the next week. AND Alex was perfectly willing to extend the same RL discount that Rhonda provides, even as he was entering my order from overseas. Keep in mind, 6hrs difference, it was almost Friday evening for Alex in Germany. I could hear his kids playing in the background before their dinner. I thanked him so many times for taking the time to take care of me. He had great praise for Rhonda and their US team. Just goes to show how deep their customer commitment runs within FVD.

Rhonda, you and your team are phenomenal. Keep up the great work.
=Steve
bweSteve is offline  
Old 11-27-2018, 12:31 PM
  #21  
[email protected]
Addict
Rennlist Member


Rennlist
Site Sponsor
 
Rhonda@FVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 636
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bweSteve View Post
Agree 1000% on this.

And I'll go even one step further on how great FVD is...

About a month ago, my 964 Turbo was in the shop with motor out ($12k worth of pre-emptive replacements on sensors, belts, seals, o-rings, etc etc),... and we noticed the wear on my suspension Spring Plates (those are way up under the front-side of motor & are difficult to keep an eye on over the years),... anyway, Rhonda was out on vacation for the week, and I really needed their Spring Plate set quickly. Alizee connected me with Alex benM over in Germany, and Alex literally TOOK CARE OF ME on a Friday morning East Coast time, and had the parts shipped out of their Miami warehouse THAT SAME DAY!! ... I received them early the next week. AND Alex was perfectly willing to extend the same RL discount that Rhonda provides, even as he was entering my order from overseas. Keep in mind, 6hrs difference, it was almost Friday evening for Alex in Germany. I could hear his kids playing in the background before their dinner. I thanked him so many times for taking the time to take care of me. He had great praise for Rhonda and their US team. Just goes to show how deep their customer commitment runs within FVD.

Rhonda, you and your team are phenomenal. Keep up the great work.
=Steve
Thanks so much Steve! I will pass that along to Alex.
__________________
__________________
FVD Brombacher - USA

Rhonda Roxburgh
Phone: 954-571-2050 x 1
Email: [email protected]

Visit the WORLDS LARGEST Porsche Online Shop at www.fvd.net for over 45,000 parts!!

Rhonda@FVD is offline  
Old 11-27-2018, 12:39 PM
  #22  
voodoo
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
voodoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 327
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bweSteve View Post
Agree 1000% on this.

And I'll go even one step further on how great FVD is...

About a month ago, my 964 Turbo was in the shop with motor out ($12k worth of pre-emptive replacements on sensors, belts, seals, o-rings, etc etc),... and we noticed the wear on my suspension Spring Plates (those are way up under the front-side of motor & are difficult to keep an eye on over the years),... anyway, Rhonda was out on vacation for the week, and I really needed their Spring Plate set quickly. Alizee connected me with Alex benM over in Germany, and Alex literally TOOK CARE OF ME on a Friday morning East Coast time, and had the parts shipped out of their Miami warehouse THAT SAME DAY!! ... I received them early the next week. AND Alex was perfectly willing to extend the same RL discount that Rhonda provides, even as he was entering my order from overseas. Keep in mind, 6hrs difference, it was almost Friday evening for Alex in Germany. I could hear his kids playing in the background before their dinner. I thanked him so many times for taking the time to take care of me. He had great praise for Rhonda and their US team. Just goes to show how deep their customer commitment runs within FVD.

Rhonda, you and your team are phenomenal. Keep up the great work.
=Steve
What a great community we have.
voodoo is offline  
Old 11-27-2018, 01:04 PM
  #23  
paver
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
paver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,115
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by smq42 View Post
Is the clearance on the cup lip better (i.e. taller) than the regular GT3 lip?

part numbers for both please
997 505 557 92 for the cup version
paver is offline  
Old 11-27-2018, 01:25 PM
  #24  
[email protected]
Addict
Rennlist Member


Rennlist
Site Sponsor
 
Rhonda@FVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 636
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Astrix View Post
Can someone share the OEM part # for this please?
997.2 GT3 Cup Lip - Part # 997 505 557 92 - Link to our site...



997.1 GT3 Cup Lip - Without Air Ducts - Part # 997 505 983 90 - Link to our site...

997.1 GT3 Cup Lip - With Air Ducts ľ Part # 997 505 983 91 - Link to our site...

__________________
__________________
FVD Brombacher - USA

Rhonda Roxburgh
Phone: 954-571-2050 x 1
Email: [email protected]

Visit the WORLDS LARGEST Porsche Online Shop at www.fvd.net for over 45,000 parts!!

Rhonda@FVD is offline  
Old 11-27-2018, 04:00 PM
  #25  
pissedpuppy
Super User
 
pissedpuppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4,107
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by WantA997 View Post
Carnewal?
This - buy them 3 at a time and the freight is the same whether you buy 1, 2, or 3. Good price too
pissedpuppy is offline  
Old 11-27-2018, 04:05 PM
  #26  
tcracing
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
tcracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Memphis
Posts: 284
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I have two Cup lips and one OEM. One of the Cups is like new, no marks, the other has a few scratches. Look up post on this and make me an offer.
tcracing is offline  
Old 11-27-2018, 10:19 PM
  #27  
Astrix
User
 
Astrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Sydney
Posts: 90
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
997.2 GT3 Cup Lip - Part # 997 505 557 92 - Link to our site...



997.1 GT3 Cup Lip - Without Air Ducts - Part # 997 505 983 90 - Link to our site...

997.1 GT3 Cup Lip - With Air Ducts ľ Part # 997 505 983 91 - Link to our site...

Thank you!

For those who track, whats the go to? With or without ducts?
cheers
Astrix is offline  
Old 11-28-2018, 05:47 AM
  #28  
Gert
Addict
Rennlist Member


Rennlist
Site Sponsor

 
Gert's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1,219
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Astrix View Post
For those who track, whats the go to? With or without ducts?
cheers
Short track : with brake ducts : better brake cooling
Long track : no brake ducts : more downforce
Gert is offline  
Old 11-28-2018, 11:41 PM
  #29  
Astrix
User
 
Astrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Sydney
Posts: 90
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Gert View Post
Short track : with brake ducts : better brake cooling
Long track : no brake ducts : more downforce
Nice answer, thank you Gert!
Astrix is offline  
Old 11-29-2018, 12:16 AM
  #30  
SFN1TB
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 27
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Just placed my order on a new cup lip with [email protected] Received a Rennlist discount and after enquiring about the cost of shipping Rhonda did some research and discovered the dimensions were skewed, which once corrected cut the shipping price in half. First time doing business with this company, but will happily return as a customer.
SFN1TB is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: