Who can identify this audio/iPhone device

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 11:48 AM
tractorguy77
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who can identify this audio/iPhone device

hi folks,

trying to investigate why i can’t play my tunes from the iPhone... have the following device behind the consol and am wondering if anybody can identify...

many thanks!

Last edited by tractorguy77; 10-13-2018 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Pic won’t attach
Old 10-14-2018, 07:29 PM
andrewgt3
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Looks like the RCA connector for a dension gateway 500. You can connect your iPhone to the silver control unit with the appropriate connector. You just need to find where it terminates. If it's the older 30 pin style connector, you can update it to the lightning connector via dension.

Old 10-14-2018, 11:23 PM
tractorguy77
Intermediate

Thank you! I looked it up and played around with it. Looks
like it was in the revive position. I was able to use Bluetooth. Surprising I get some static using Bluetooth. I guess that’s fine for now. when plugging into the cable I can charge the phone but I do not see it listed and no music is playing. Maybe it needs a firmware update... will further investigate
Old 10-15-2018, 12:30 PM
andrewgt3
Racer

post some photos of the PCM screen and the plug you are using to connect when using bluetooth or trying to change the source to direct.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:33 AM
tractorguy77
Intermediate

Please see pics attached. For some reason now only Bluetooth shows up in the menu. Before I was able to see other sources
Old 10-22-2018, 01:21 PM
andrewgt3
Racer

OK. Got it.

Unless the 30 pin to lightning adapter that is currently installed is a legitimate Apple adapter, it's not going to provide all the functions you need to connect direct (which is why it will charge your phone, but not transfer audio data). I found
this one this one
is the only one that works. I also attached
 this extension cable this extension cable
to that adapter in order to clear the case I have on my phone. Again, after much trial and error, that was the only one that worked.

If you can find an actual Apple lightning adapter that looks like the one you have, then go for it!
Old 10-22-2018, 07:56 PM
tractorguy77
Intermediate

This is an original apple adapter so that can’t be the reason.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:48 AM
andrewgt3
Racer

Hrmmmm. Where the list says "Menu", you should be able to select and scroll through different sources. They should read like ".BTAudio", ".Aux", ".ipod". Something like that.

From the manual

"You can enter the Gateway’s menu by selecting “CD List” and then “Menu” by the right rotary ****. When you entered the menu of the Gateway you can toggle between the different menu options by the next (>) or previous track () button. You can get back to the previous menu level if you do the same procedure with previous track (<) button."

Has the audio ever worked direct or is it only through bluetooth? I also suspect the black 30 pin cable in that photo. It is not the original that comes with the kit (below with the white device connector and yellow serial connector):

Here's a link to the manual for the Bluetooth module that I think you might have installed. Hope some of this gets you closer....

Last edited by andrewgt3; 10-23-2018 at 10:49 AM. Reason: additional info.

Quick Reply: Who can identify this audio/iPhone device