Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Bilstein PSS10 Adjuster Failure?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 08:42 AM
kinetic125
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Bilstein PSS10 Adjuster Failure?

Yesterday, I was out with a friend tuning the ride on my 997.1 GT3 and we were adjusting the damper settings on my Bilstein PSS10s. Everything was going well and we were finding the sweet spot between "too harsh" and "too soft" on some bumpier roads. The front dampers are easily adjusted with the wheels turned to full-lock and there was no problem clicking between the different settings. The rear dampers are possibly a bit more difficult to reach because of the roll cage in my car, but again, no problem clicking between the different settings.

As I was adjusting the LR damper to the full-soft position using the **** at the top, it turned about a half-click passed position 1 (full-soft) and then suddenly the detents (or clicks) were gone. When I tried turning it back to full-hard (10), the rotation of the **** felt much different and something was obviously wrong. When I got home, I removed the adjusting **** itself and I did not any issue with it, but the adjustment shaft rotates very freely.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there any solution other than returning it to Bilstein for a rebuild?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 08-27-2018, 02:23 PM
Rick-A-Shay
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try calling them @ 800-537-1085. They have an office in Mooresville, NC. Bilstein Mtr. Sport
Old 08-28-2018, 11:02 AM
kinetic125
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick-A-Shay
Try calling them @ 800-537-1085. They have an office in Mooresville, NC. Bilstein Mtr. Sport
Yes, I already have a call into them. I am working parallel paths...

Quick Reply: Bilstein PSS10 Adjuster Failure?