Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

WEC, Velocity Uverse issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 02:31 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 318 Posts
Default WEC, Velocity Uverse issue

Once again, Velocity channel suffering from horrible intermittent video stuttering. Just like Isle of Man, Le Mans and other UK broadcasts. Very irritating. These 50-60Hz issues don't happen with other european originated broadcasts on FS1/2, nbc and cbs sports, so I assume it is indeed Velocity. Sucks-

Anyway, RSRs sound the best
Old 08-20-2018, 12:05 AM
jackb911
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 56 Posts

I don't know if the upcoming rebranding of the Velocity Channel to "Motor Trend Network" coming this Fall will improve the video quality issues described above, but historically each change has not always been a positive one for this network.

When it began as Speedvision years ago, there were NO contrived reality shows and there was much more focus on racing activity.

Then it became Speed Channel and then Velocity, neither of which IMO was an improvement over the other. I did not subscribe to Motor Trend onDemand because the flagship show on that channel appeared to be Roadkill, which, if you haven't seen it, is very aptly named.. Anyway, here is an article that provides some information regarding the name change. I do hope there we be substantial improvement in network quality and content and also without the plethora of reruns from years past.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/dis...nt-1202748812/
Old 08-20-2018, 02:36 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 318 Posts

Velocity "reality" shows are pure rubbish to begin with. Most car shows are garbage. Even Jay Leno's show can't even pay for a real audio department/crew or pay for a real production crew to begin with-

Otherwise happy watching Weathertech races, usually on FS1 or 2. CBS sports HD cable channel also has some motorcycle/motorsports shows with no issues-just recorded Real Road Racing series(Irish Motorcycle races), no broadcast problems at all

* Watching now, 26 year old rider died at Southern 100-

Quick Reply: WEC, Velocity Uverse issue