Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

.2 RS out of winter hibernation

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 02:43 PM
ELange0322
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 102 Posts

Damn Mr Brown.... LOVE the look of yours. Super sweet.
Old 05-17-2018, 03:08 PM
EMpunker
Rennlist Member

Received 226 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Modena 1
The "lack of leather" comments in a basically race car cracks me up. I guess the flywheel chatter doesn't bother? The leather option is a joke anyway. If you really want leather then you should be swapping the Alcántara seat cushions and steering whees for leather. You are sitting and touching those.
Lol.

Sorry, I had to.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:47 AM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,083 Likes on 384 Posts

Coincidentally, I broke mine out of storage this week too. It's now all prepped (new tires and full service) and ready for a 300kms round trip to Spa on the weekend to attend the annual Spa-Classic. After 7 months locked away I had almost forgotten how good this car is.

Old 05-18-2018, 05:13 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
man, a couple of you guys are f'ing greedy!!

j/k - that's such a great color combo - what's ur PTS color on ur MY18?
The MY18 car is Oak Green Metallic...
Old 05-18-2018, 05:27 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine1won
Voodoo Blue! w/ full leather, LWB, FAL and PCCB.
sorry to have left the city - would have appreciated seeing that around town. enjoy!
Old 05-18-2018, 05:32 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by Modena 1
The "lack of leather" comments in a basically race car cracks me up. I guess the flywheel chatter doesn't bother? The leather option is a joke anyway. If you really want leather then you should be swapping the Alcántara seat cushions and steering whees for leather. You are sitting and touching those.

Nice pic brownan. Let me know next time you go up there. I'll throw the old girl on for a few laps.
historically, I would have agreed, however, the one I picked up last year has a butt-load of leather and its very nice! dash, PCM surround, doors, I like it a lot because it just looks a lot better

I'm also in tune w/my limitations as a race car driver...its not like I'm gonna rip out the carpet to shed a few lbs to tool around in my daily driver - don't wanna look that much like a poseur
Old 05-18-2018, 08:01 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 500 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
historically, I would have agreed, however, the one I picked up last year has a butt-load of leather and its very nice! dash, PCM surround, doors, I like it a lot because it just looks a lot better

I'm also in tune w/my limitations as a race car driver...its not like I'm gonna rip out the carpet to shed a few lbs to tool around in my daily driver - don't wanna look that much like a poseur
All due respect to Modena, A 140K Porsche should come with the nicest leather on earth. The interior on my loaded Nissan Murano is nicer. The fact that it's an option is embarrassing. Every other car in it's class is much better. Doesn't mean I don't love it!
Old 05-19-2018, 08:23 AM
DK7
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963
Coincidentally, I broke mine out of storage this week too. It's now all prepped (new tires and full service) and ready for a 300kms round trip to Spa on the weekend to attend the annual Spa-Classic. After 7 months locked away I had almost forgotten how good this car is.

amazing !!
Have fun and drive the beast.

What you can say about your 997.2 RS vs. your newer GT cars?
Old 05-19-2018, 11:57 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
All due respect to Modena, A 140K Porsche should come with the nicest leather on earth. The interior on my loaded Nissan Murano is nicer. The fact that it's an option is embarrassing. Every other car in it's class is much better. Doesn't mean I don't love it!
I disagree. The RS was never about luxury. Were any of the RS's prior to the 997 even offered with leather? I've had 997s with and w/out. I own one of each today. It's not a big deal to me. The 997.2 does plastics a LITTLE better than 997.1, but I do not associate luxury at all with a 997rs. None of the 997 GT/RS interiors are anything to get excited about. It's the sound and the feel. The outside is beautiful. The inside is spartan and a non-event; as intended.

I actually think the 991rs interiors look so out of place with the rest of the car. You could easily be in a Carrera.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:14 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 60 Posts

With all due respect to Mr. Adair and others who feel that an expensive car should come with the finest leather. Porsche offers GT3 and especially GT3RS versions for their racing customers and those enthusiasts like some of us who seek the homologation versions. The car is all about performance and weight savings. I specifically looked for a RS that had ceramics, light weight buckets, light weight headlights and no front axle lift and was blessed to get one spec'd like that. I understand that resale would be an issue as the clientele is changing and current market demands fluff.
Old 05-20-2018, 12:38 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 500 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
With all due respect to Mr. Adair and others who feel that an expensive car should come with the finest leather. Porsche offers GT3 and especially GT3RS versions for their racing customers and those enthusiasts like some of us who seek the homologation versions. The car is all about performance and weight savings. I specifically looked for a RS that had ceramics, light weight buckets, light weight headlights and no front axle lift and was blessed to get one spec'd like that. I understand that resale would be an issue as the clientele is changing and current market demands fluff.
It's not a race car, I know we like to think they are. But they are trackable street cars. The weight savings of a rubber dash vs leather for performance reasons is quite a stretch. Same as radio delete. That said, if you are saying you prefer a radio delete car or a rubber dash car simply because you like them or feel it may help with the cars rarity or possible resale than by all means. My contention has always been the up charge. Not the choice of dash. Now I'm going for a drive

Quick Reply: .2 RS out of winter hibernation