Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

TC turning back on during track session

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 05:44 PM
surlynkid
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default TC turning back on during track session

I was at COTA this weekend and it was horrific rain all Friday. I wanted at least 1-2 recon laps to see which orange pylons were in and what the track status was post MotoGP. I went out in rain on R7 at a crawl pace, so I just left nannies on forgetting about huge disparity in tire sizes versus OEM. Needless to say, car got all pissed off about that. I figured it would clear. Saturday was dry, so I go out in my session and turn off SC and TC as usual. Halfway through the session I get a TC Failure alert and see that both SC and TC button lights are no longer lit. I can push SC and turn that off on the fly but not TC. I never felt engine cut out like a real TC engagement, but rears aren't really off the ground at COTA unless I hit a pylon hard. Front left will come off the ground in T10. Second session is the exact same thing. So I unhook battery for an hour at lunch. Third session is same problem. Sunday is same problem for 2 more sessions. I can turn off SC and TC before each session, but I get TC failure and the button lights are turned off every time halfway through the session. Do I just need to hook up a Durametric and do a complete clear to get it back to normal? I would think that if I am turning off SC and TC, it should no longer be an issue.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:02 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

I swear i read this happening to someone else. I’d clear the codes in the tc module and try again...

Quick Reply: TC turning back on during track session