Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Radio help on RS 4.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 01:29 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts
Default Radio help on RS 4.0

So on my old 2007 Turbo I added tooki and nav tv waaaaay back when to get Sat radio and bluetooth etc.

My RS4.0 has PCM delete...so all I get is radio and a cd player. I found an aux input in the center console but is there any way to get sat radio? I mean I could stream it from my phone assuming you guys know a good aftermarket solution or maybe just a aux plug adapter for my phone?

What have you guys done?

Thx!

Yes I know...I know...just listen to the exhaust etc...yeah I get it...but I like my music when I drive....this car is freakin' fantastic...just want to listen to some cool tunes while loving it.
Old 05-07-2018, 02:02 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,091 Posts

the factory solution will put a hole on your roof for the antenna.
id suggest just getting the SiriusXM app on your phone and using the aux plug. Or use Spotify or Apple Music to stream. Since you have the aux, that's the best option. Only downside is if you're int he really back woods and cell signals are weak.

The Sirius app is actually pretty decent. I like several of their curated music stations (much better than Spotify or apples attempts).
Old 05-07-2018, 02:38 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,097 Likes on 544 Posts

^^^my suggestion also.
Old 05-07-2018, 03:46 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

OK guys I like that idea...I keep paying for Sirius in my cars and always wonder why I don't wise up and just use the app...lazy i guess lol!

I'll look into an aux adapter...presume it doesn't charge the phone?
Old 05-07-2018, 03:46 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
the factory solution will put a hole on your roof for the antenna.
id suggest just getting the SiriusXM app on your phone and using the aux plug. Or use Spotify or Apple Music to stream. Since you have the aux, that's the best option. Only downside is if you're int he really back woods and cell signals are weak.

The Sirius app is actually pretty decent. I like several of their curated music stations (much better than Spotify or apples attempts).
This. With Spotify you can download the songs so that's a solution if you are out of signal. Of course this assumes you have premium for $10/month or whatever it costs.

Quick Reply: Radio help on RS 4.0