Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Spring clean up...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 05:02 PM
Henley1
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Spring clean up...

While detailing my car and switching winter tires off my gf boxster. The key to her locking lugs broke... with led to a bit of messing around but no huge deal. I began to think that my gt3 has locks on it and not wanting a situation like this on my car as I take the wheels off at least twice a month to clean inside and detail in wheels wells/brakes. At 10 yrs old and 28k km (9k of which were from me since last spring , 3 track days If that matters) Do you guys replace all usually? Ti?. All new stock porsche ones?. Anything else in there I should replace that me be fatigued at this time. Cheers
Old 04-15-2018, 07:42 PM
gt2-josh
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Remove locks place in garbage Hope you're well JBO
Old 04-15-2018, 08:21 PM
Henley1
Pro

Lol. Perfect. Yep all good up here. Cheers lee
Old 04-24-2018, 09:43 PM
Henley1
Pro

Ok. Just got back from a amazing road trip with 7 other cars. So here it is, just hit 30k km coming back into Toronto. Do you guys have part numbers or direction to get coil packs, plugs, brake fluid change?. , pads? Have stock sized pzeros gunna try cup 2s.any thoughts???. Change trans fluid. 75/90 delvic? Anything I missed?. Clutch hyrolic?. As a nite nothing seems out of wack. Just figure it can' hurt.. is the a mantance thread I missed somewhere..?
Old 04-24-2018, 11:32 PM
Gptoyz
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Henley1
While detailing my car and switching winter tires off my gf boxster. The key to her locking lugs broke... with led to a bit of messing around but no huge deal. I began to think that my gt3 has locks on it and not wanting a situation like this on my car as I take the wheels off at least twice a month to clean inside and detail in wheels wells/brakes. At 10 yrs old and 28k km (9k of which were from me since last spring , 3 track days If that matters) Do you guys replace all usually? Ti?. All new stock porsche ones?. Anything else in there I should replace that me be fatigued at this time. Cheers
I would use Studs and lugs, makes life so much easier
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...SABEgJEbvD_BwE
Old 04-24-2018, 11:48 PM
Gptoyz
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Henley1
Ok. Just got back from a amazing road trip with 7 other cars. So here it is, just hit 30k km coming back into Toronto. Do you guys have part numbers or direction to get coil packs, plugs, brake fluid change?. , pads? Have stock sized pzeros gunna try cup 2s.any thoughts???. Change trans fluid. 75/90 delvic? Anything I missed?. Clutch hyrolic?. As a nite nothing seems out of wack. Just figure it can' hurt.. is the a mantance thread I missed somewhere..?
Ignition coils: beru zs178
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911...4AAOSwWupa2lvF
plugs: bosch Y5DDC
https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Pieces-OE...sAAOxyD5pRI-xk
Brake fluid: go with Castrol SRF

Brake Pads:
It's really dealer choice depends on application

Transaxle: I had really good experience with the Amsoil Severe gear 75/90 but of course delvac1

I wouldn't even bother with the Cup2s go with Bridgestone RE71Rs, last longer and grip harder
Old 04-25-2018, 10:56 AM
Henley1
Pro

Awsome, thx for the links too. Will order today . Thx very much.

Quick Reply: Spring clean up...