Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Unusual Squealing PF08's

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 09:35 AM
BartN (TX)
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Unusual Squealing PF08's

Right off the bat let me say I've been running PFC08's on stock rotors for both street and track for years and years so I'm familiar with the level of squeal I should expect on the street and fine with it. That said, my current situation is nuts. I had my calipers professionally rebuilt and put on new pads and rotors on all 4 corners. I've gone through all the normal bedding in processes but, man, these things are unbearable. When pulling up to stop lights they're fairly quite until you get down to the last few MPH. and then they are embarrassingly loud for the last several feet. I've even started coming to the light hot and breaking harder to minimize the noise but still it's there unless I skid to a stop :-) Driving around a parking lot I have people turning around to see who's car is all jacked up.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Old 03-19-2018, 09:56 AM
Drew_K
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Couple of things to try: File down the leading edges of the pads to give them a slight taper. You could also try swapping pads to the opposite side of the car. Absent that, it seems like maybe the pistons aren’t pushing out quite evenly. Not enough to worry about on track, but just enough to cause a vibration and squeal.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:23 AM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 565 Likes on 348 Posts

has been my exact experience with PFC's (08/11 f/r), gave up using on street because they were so LOUD in the exact way you've explained... OEM/TRW for street and swap over PFC's for track
PFC's were quiet for a day or two after track then got extremely loud on street(daily driven)
Old 03-19-2018, 10:56 AM
BartN (TX)
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

I have already removed the pads and ground the leading edges. Didn't change.

It's just strange that this setup is so different to all my experiences in the past. I may take it back to the company that did my caliper rebuild and have them look at it.

Quick Reply: Unusual Squealing PF08's