997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT3 "must have" options?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2018 | 04:46 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Mine is my daily driver - that said I don't drive thousands upon thousands of miles per year
Old 08-27-2018 | 05:29 PM
Selcuk
Rennlist Member

bucket seats, center muffler delete, 4.0 pinion gear
Old 08-29-2018 | 02:51 PM
jason95R
Racer

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
Mine is my daily driver - that said I don't drive thousands upon thousands of miles per year

I'm so jealous of you. It would be impossible to daily drive a GT3 in CT. Winters suck and so do our road conditions in general. Pot holes everywhere.......
Old 08-29-2018 | 04:27 PM
jonwb
Pro

Originally Posted by jason95R
I'm so jealous of you. It would be impossible to daily drive a GT3 in CT. Winters suck and so do our road conditions in general. Pot holes everywhere.......
Similar here (Wisconsin), plus a VERY boring drive on 'high risk' roads. I still drive it to work once in a while though.

Edit: to the topic... Mine seems to be one of the more heavily optioned 07's I've seen ($136,140 sticker). As has been noted, some of these options are for 'looking at' (deviated stitching, carbon trim / etc), and some are things that you either touch or affect actual use of the vehicle (PCCB, seats, Xenon, etc). For me, I was not necessarily looking for a heavily optioned car, it just worked out that way. That said, I would expect a car like this to have a leather dash & door panels at a minimum. I like that I have PCCB, love that they keep the wheels clean, look great and work incredibility well. I'd rather NOT have the Chrono thing (wart). That thing is a hot mess from a styling perspective, and I can't believe they put that in these cars. I like the carbon bits I have, but wish the quality of those trim pieces was better. My center console has several cracks and the main flap / door on my drink holder assembly is a little warped. I like the deviated stitching, but having yellow it can get a little tricky to keep looking sharp. Oh, and speaking of that, DON'T get a car w/ yellow belts. Unless you wear gloves when you put your seat belts on, they will get dirty from touching over the years.

Last edited by jonwb; 08-29-2018 at 04:48 PM.

Quick Reply: GT3 "must have" options?