Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Where could I get a window sticker for my .1?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 03:57 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 649 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by 2008whitegt3
I bought mine pre-owned and dont know original dealership, is there a way to find out?
Just start the process with Chris he will walk you through it. He has methods. CarFax usually gives you a clue to the first owner and where it was purchased. Also, there should be a card and or a stamp inside the original owners manual..
Old 01-21-2018, 04:22 PM
orthofrancis
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Coop
Hi all,

Would appreciate any leads on this!

Many thanks,

Iain

So, just curious, why do you want the window sticker for your car?
Old 01-21-2018, 06:41 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Here is my first proof from Chris. Pretty damn cool IMO. He found some really cool stuff on my car. Tourist delivery costs etc. He has access to some good stuff. For me well worth the cost as I will never find the original. I am getting a laminated version and an extra paper version to go with the car if I sell it. For me at least these things make a difference when I buy a car.
Attached Images
Old 01-21-2018, 10:58 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
Here is my first proof from Chris. Pretty damn cool IMO. He found some really cool stuff on my car. Tourist delivery costs etc. He has access to some good stuff. For me well worth the cost as I will never find the original. I am getting a laminated version and an extra paper version to go with the car if I sell it. For me at least these things make a difference when I buy a car.
Same.... 1x laminated and 1x paper. The one thing he said would be missing unless you also have the original is the order reference number (would be right above the right most bar code).
Old 01-21-2018, 11:32 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by nwGTS
Same.... 1x laminated and 1x paper. The one thing he said would be missing unless you also have the original is the order reference number (would be right above the right most bar code).
Looks like it's on mine?
Old 01-22-2018, 01:02 AM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
Looks like it's on mine?
Like mine, there is no number above the bar code on yours. It would look like this:

And just to note, it is NOT the same number as the commission number found on your options print out.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:26 AM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by nwGTS
Like mine, there is no number above the bar code on yours. It would look like this:

And just to note, it is NOT the same number as the commission number found on your options print out.
Ok, now I get it. Thanks..
Old 01-25-2018, 05:26 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Thanks for the thumbs up. I had fun working on these latest batches. Hopefully they add something to your documentation.

My Rennlist sponsorship has expired so I wont abuse the forum and over shill. But I did want to mention the code above the bar code is not the order ref number. Thats the dealership number. 450 is the prefix and the last four digits represent your dealer #. Youll see the dealer number by the dealer address as well. Some formats have the number above the barcode, some dont. Off the top of my head the new formats do. They are all a little different.

Yes, the commission # is different than Order Ref #. Commission #s are not germane anywhere on the stickers.

The order ref # is usually SOL unless theres an original bill of sale. It would obviously be on the original sticker too, but if you had that, there would be no need to reproduce the sticker at all. You can usually find your dealer information from the glove box books. The warranty/manual should have a dealer stamp when the original salesperson noted the delivery mileage on the first couple pages. Not always there -- but usually is. If not, there are a cpl hail mary passes that can usually uncover it.

If mods finds this post out of bounds, please delete.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:26 AM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by UDPride
Thanks for the thumbs up. I had fun working on these latest batches. Hopefully they add something to your documentation.

My Rennlist sponsorship has expired so I wont abuse the forum and over shill. But I did want to mention the code above the bar code is not the order ref number. Thats the dealership number. 450 is the prefix and the last four digits represent your dealer #. Youll see the dealer number by the dealer address as well. Some formats have the number above the barcode, some dont. Off the top of my head the new formats do. They are all a little different.

Yes, the commission # is different than Order Ref #. Commission #s are not germane anywhere on the stickers.

The order ref # is usually SOL unless theres an original bill of sale. It would obviously be on the original sticker too, but if you had that, there would be no need to reproduce the sticker at all. You can usually find your dealer information from the glove box books. The warranty/manual should have a dealer stamp when the original salesperson noted the delivery mileage on the first couple pages. Not always there -- but usually is. If not, there are a cpl hail mary passes that can usually uncover it.

If mods finds this post out of bounds, please delete.
Thanks for clarifying the order ref # loc, Chris. You said to me via email that the order reference number was in the lower right so there must be another place for numbers to go. I'm sure someone with an original 7.2 monroney can spot that.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:56 PM
UDPride
Lifetime Rennlist

Order Ref # is always in the same vicinity as the VIN and dealer info area. Usually says "Order Reference". Porsche moved the VIN/Dealer area around through the years so I may have been speaking to a different layout. Suncoast VIN reports will not reveal the Order Ref # either, just in case you were thinking of checking there. Not to dissuade anyone from ever purchasing one of their reports -- they can be valuable to have for many reasons. Ive seen the Order Ref # on a few original bill of sales, but its a rare occasion when someone still has such a record w/the car unless they were original owners and fastidious recordkeepers.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:47 AM
D1ESEL
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Going to give this a try for my 2011 M3!
Old 02-05-2018, 08:07 PM
osu s2k
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 104 Posts

Chris did work for me and I can vouch for the quality I love it, but I recently bought a 2014 anniversary model from a dealer that did not have the original window sticker and they were able to order me the window sticker that had not even been applied to the window yet so I have the sticky backing on the back, I wonder if this has something to do with the year
Old 12-22-2019, 05:27 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,049 Likes on 666 Posts

Thanks for this thread guys. I have just sent a email to Chris. Hope things work out, as I do not have the original window stick er for mine.
@UDPride
=Steve
Old 12-23-2019, 02:54 AM
UDPride
Lifetime Rennlist

Responded!
Old 12-23-2019, 10:16 AM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 276 Posts

Great idea Steve...in my move to my shop the movers lost my window stickers along with car titles, birth certificates, ss cards...

UDPride, I have been reading your posts back when we both has 930s...I sent you a PM also.

Quick Reply: Where could I get a window sticker for my .1?